Hacking TrustZoneHax on 3.x and below

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Now the thing is, once we get cfw will we be able to update it or are we going to get stuck like Vita without being able to enjoy some games?
Think I'll hold on buying one before we know that.

It would be nice to know for sure, but I am comparing it to the PSP and 3DS scene, in which you could freely update to higher CFW if you are already on a CFW.

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
Now the thing is, once we get cfw will we be able to update it or are we going to get stuck like Vita without being able to enjoy some games?
Think I'll hold on buying one before we know that.

With TZ, you can update the CFW without worrying about anything that is until Nintendo adds an extra check or something similar that screws CFW which would be hard for them to do since right now, with TZ, the switch is basically barebone to be tampered with by the modders. There are still a few other sections that boot up first and what not but having TZ is basically checkmate from what the switch wiki says.

D

Deleted User

With TZ, you can update the CFW without worrying about anything that is until Nintendo adds an extra check or something similar that screws CFW which would be hard for them to do since right now, with TZ, the switch is basically barebone to be tampered with by the modders. There are still a few other sections that boot up first and what not but having TZ is basically checkmate from what the switch wiki says.
So basically like b9s on the 3DS? The thing is that apparently there's no more 3.0.0 selling, and while it says 3.x, we don't know if that includes 3.0.1 and 3.0.2.

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
And then 3.3 comes out with a patch and there goes everything. See where I'm getting at?
Scires said it was tested on 3.0.0, but not on 3.0.2, right?
There won't be a 3.3 because after 3.x it goes to 4 which has nothing right now other than private userland and from the sounds of things it's a very solid firmware but chances are it'll get cracked eventually. Whether it is by software or by TX' mod remains to be seen thou.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

There won't be a 3.3 because after 3.x it goes to 4 which has nothing right now other than private userland and from the sounds of things it's a very solid firmware but chances are it'll get cracked eventually. Whether it is by software or by TX' mod remains to be seen thou.
Oh, that makes sense, then. Thanks. Guess I'll hunt for a 3.0.0 to 3.0.2. CEX should have it if GAME doesn't.
Maybe you should just not buy one ;)
Nah fam, I need me sum cardboard gamez.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically like b9s on the 3DS? The thing is that apparently there's no more 3.0.0 selling, and while it says 3.x, we don't know if that includes 3.0.1 and 3.0.2.
It'll probably be closer to launching cfw on 9.2, since we can boot emunand cfw but I don't think anyone's successfully tampered with the switch's boot process.

D

Deleted-355425

There's no guarantee Splatoon bundle comes with 2.3. My (JPN) bundle came with 3.0.0, and my friend's came with 3.0.1.

Japan should be dismissed from any bundle threads, they are all current over there because of supply and demand. Kind of obvious really if you have been following this.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Japan should be dismissed from any bundle threads, they are all current over there because of supply and demand. Kind of obvious really if you have been following this.

I didn't say they are not, but someone just came here might read your post and go fetch a Splatoon bundle from their local stores, which might be a JPN version as not all the country got Switch officially released and imported from Japan is logical due to the price. But at this point, I doubt it's easy to find a new Switch in the store that still got anything < 3.0.1.

Reactions: Deleted-355425
D

Deleted-368796

Tried my luck today, but ended up with a 4.0.1 :(
Chances are pretty slim that there is a 2.0-3.0 still out there, but I'll continue to look.

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried my luck today, but ended up with a 4.0.1 :(
Chances are pretty slim that there is a 2.0-3.0 still out there, but I'll continue to look.

4.x isn't the end of the world. It's probably just going to be a long time before it has the same access 3.x/2.x has from what I've been hearing. The problem with 4.x is it cutoff the method used in 3.x/2.x Just don't update further if you can't find a 3.x switch.

Last edited by Tempest228,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them