Hacking TrustZoneHax on 3.x and below

D

Deleted-368796

4.x isn't the end of the world.
Yes, I know. I have my 1.0 sitting here ready to go when the time is right. :)
Though, it has substantially increased in sentimental value to me due to recent events. Don't know if I will use it for homebrew and CFW, unless I can keep intact what makes is special in my heart.

Guess I should have mentioned in my previous post that this recent purchase is my 2nd unit. Something I can toy around with and hopefully use for homebrew if I can find a lower FW.

D

Deleted User

Mine came with 3.0.2 out of the box. Bought for Christmas about 15 days before the big day aaaannnnnd I updated to the latest version sooo... I'm screwed in both cases. Still, I'm so glad it was that fast ! Seriously, well done !
Same lmao.

D

Deleted-368796

You don't have to have luck - you can check the Switch Serial Number before buy: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-firmware-by-serial-number.481215/
I had the spreadsheet open on my tablet while I was in the store, and I bought one with a serial# within the range that others reported came with 3.x
Don't assume that finding one will be equally easy in all parts of the world. In the US, finding one below 4.x is going to be very difficult.

Edit: 200th post!!! WOOT! i feel incredibly accomplished /s

Last edited by ,

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew keeping that splatoon bundle switch was a good idea.

Soon i'll be able to give my son a switch, so he can play everything, everywhere. Instead of being confined to the wii u.

Drynk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to cry, i just notice that my switch is now 4.0.1. It looks like the devious Mario Kart cart had that as update. I luckyly bought my switch day 1 at 1.0, put 2.0.0 on it then kept it offline regularly reading the news. Wife wanted mario kart a month ago, the update list said 2.3 and less, when i tried to play it asked for an update, i checked the list again before updating, seems good, Google to be sure, did not find anyhing, well, i told to myself it must have been the 2.3 update since i'm on 2.0.0... now the update list is different no longer is botw only with recent update on recent cartridge... Well what is done is done, looks like I'll have to wait again even more...

D

Deleted-368796

I want to cry, i just notice that my switch is now 4.0.1. It looks like the devious Mario Kart cart had that as update. I luckyly bought my switch day 1 at 1.0, put 2.0.0 on it then kept it offline regularly reading the news. -snip-
Ouch man, that hurts. Sorry :(

Does your MK8 cart have anything different on it from the info that has already been posted? Like the identification code on the back?

Rauliki

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I want to cry, i just notice that my switch is now 4.0.1. It looks like the devious Mario Kart cart had that as update. I luckyly bought my switch day 1 at 1.0, put 2.0.0 on it then kept it offline regularly reading the news. Wife wanted mario kart a month ago, the update list said 2.3 and less, when i tried to play it asked for an update, i checked the list again before updating, seems good, Google to be sure, did not find anyhing, well, i told to myself it must have been the 2.3 update since i'm on 2.0.0... now the update list is different no longer is botw only with recent update on recent cartridge... Well what is done is done, looks like I'll have to wait again even more...
First version of MK8 wouldn't ask you to update if you were on 2.0.0.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There isn't any need for me to hack my switch untill pokemon switch comes why because i can run emulators and homebrew on other hacked things i have like the psp and android devices.

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I determine my verison? It only says "update is ready" under system settings. I cant see my version.

XxShalevElimelechxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
How can I determine my verison? It only says "update is ready" under system settings. I cant see my version.
Restart your switch and while it turns on press the +- volume buttons to enter recovery mode. It should delete your update data and you'll be able to see your version again. Just remember not to connect to the internet!

Reactions: methamz

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't any need for me to hack my switch untill pokemon switch comes why because i can run emulators and homebrew on other hacked things i have like the psp and android devices.
Hopefully when Pokemon cones out you'll be on an unhackable firmware

Then I'll laugh at you when you come asking questions bout hacking

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌