TSOP'd 1.4 Xbox, runs games, doesn't boot dash

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just TSOP'd my v1.4 Windbond Xbox. I had to do it a little differently than what I knew.

I first tried to run Hexen 2017 and go to the Windbond option, but it was unable to boot into Gentoox. I think the ISO I had didn't even have the application on there.

I decided to just download Gentoox and flash my bios that way (I read multiple places you were able to do it). It worked, but obviously that's all it did, flash my bios. It didn't create new directories for the dash, or anything.

So, I then loaded up Hexen to go into the menu and just Install the Dashboards, well, it gave an error of 8D or something. No clue why it gave the error.

I was unable to remove the softmod through Hexen, so it's still on there. To be honest, I am a bit afraid to because in the back of my mind i'm asking myself "Is this really TSOP'd? I mean, it shows "Loading IND-BIOS", but is that just a splash screen it shows all the time?". I can load up my copy of Auto Installer Delux and remove the softmod that way, but I want to make sure everything is working before I do that.

At this point, I'm thinking to either try and install the dashboards myself, or wait until I can get a hold of my brothers TSOP'd xbox and test his hard drive out on mine. I know for a fact his hard drive is unlocked because I helped him with it.

what do you guys think my problem could be? And if it is the dashboards, what do I need to do to make it load the UnleashedX dash correctly?

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So I just TSOP'd my v1.4 Windbond Xbox. I had to do it a little differently than what I knew.

I first tried to run Hexen 2017 and go to the Windbond option, but it was unable to boot into Gentoox. I think the ISO I had didn't even have the application on there.

I decided to just download Gentoox and flash my bios that way (I read multiple places you were able to do it). It worked, but obviously that's all it did, flash my bios. It didn't create new directories for the dash, or anything.

So, I then loaded up Hexen to go into the menu and just Install the Dashboards, well, it gave an error of 8D or something. No clue why it gave the error.

I was unable to remove the softmod through Hexen, so it's still on there. To be honest, I am a bit afraid to because in the back of my mind i'm asking myself "Is this really TSOP'd? I mean, it shows "Loading IND-BIOS", but is that just a splash screen it shows all the time?". I can load up my copy of Auto Installer Delux and remove the softmod that way, but I want to make sure everything is working before I do that.

At this point, I'm thinking to either try and install the dashboards myself, or wait until I can get a hold of my brothers TSOP'd xbox and test his hard drive out on mine. I know for a fact his hard drive is unlocked because I helped him with it.

what do you guys think my problem could be? And if it is the dashboards, what do I need to do to make it load the UnleashedX dash correctly?
You don't have a ind-bios.cfg in the root of the C: drive so ind bios won't boot so launch hexen and ftp a ind-bios.cfg on hdd and i never recommend ind to beginners you should use EvoX m8 plus.

Last edited by DarkGabbz,

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have a ind-bios.cfg in the root of the C: drive so ind bios won't boot so launch hexen and ftp a ind-bios.cfg on hdd and i never recommend ind to beginners you should use EvoX m8 plus.
I still need to add the ind-bios.cfg into the mix, but I did get a dashboard running correctly.

I used AID 4.53 to remove the softmod, then I used AID to install UnleashedX to the C drive.

Why don't you recommend ind-bios to beginners? The big difference I see is the actual config file where you can change the splash screen details.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
I still need to add the ind-bios.cfg into the mix, but I did get a dashboard running correctly.

I used AID 4.53 to remove the softmod, then I used AID to install UnleashedX to the C drive.

Why don't you recommend ind-bios to beginners? The big difference I see is the actual config file where you can change the splash screen details.
Because you need to write your own config file or create one and Evox is enough for people that just want to play games and change the splash screen details.

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you need to write your own config file or create one and Evox is enough for people that just want to play games and change the splash screen details.
It's not too bad from what I remember. I'll probably just steal my brothers config file. :P

I'm just curious why Hexen wouldn't do anything for me. It might be a bad disc though. It does take a couple minutes for it to even load.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not too bad from what I remember. I'll probably just steal my brothers config file. :P

I'm just curious why Hexen wouldn't do anything for me. It might be a bad disc though. It does take a couple minutes for it to even load.
Where did you download it and it is normal that it takes some time to load.

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you download it and it is normal that it takes some time to load.
I want to say a place where there are many zones and iso's. I am unsure if I am allowed to say the actual place on the forums given the type of content they've got.

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why didn't you download it from my hexen 2017 gdrive mirror?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2rJGo0CUoE2c1NaWWZiUHV0VXM
I just downloaded that one and I actually haven't tried it yet because I no longer need to, but I did burn that one to a DVD and tried to run it, in which it at least did run.

Now, I have another question, aside from this topic (and I didn't want to make another topic about it.)

So I've got a breakaway extension cable on one of my xbox controllers: https://imgur.com/a/LyAYE
It was working earlier today, but not anymore. I know it's not the controller because I tried with another shorter breakaway and it worked perfectly fine. Does anyone know what that cable is called? Whenever I search "original xbox breakaway cable" I get the short cables, and when I search for extension cables, I get 6" breakaway cables, but they do not have that adapter on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning