Status
Not open for further replies.
Tutorial  Updated

Turn on a NDS (Lite) without lower or upper screen. (or convert it to a GBA DS)

Edit by moderator :
This thread is locked for plagiarized work.
It's a copy of @nitehack/m3dssimply's work you can find here : https://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_tut...-ds-lite-sin-la-pantalla-superior-mod_1882054

It's not just doing a translation or rewriting, but even stilling the pictures and writing style.

This thread will be reopened if Alex4U comes to me and apologize to @nitehack, its original author, and is willing to properly give credit and specify its source.

So, basically, I was bored. And I decided to investigate someway to turn on the NDS (Lite) without the upper or lower screen.

Basically, the NDS checks if both screens are connected. If the NDS detects there is a ribbon that isn't connected or broken, the DS will just flash and turn off. Typical error with the damn F1 and F2. But this case, is with the lower or upper screen.

So, I was looking the NDS Motherboard, and I followed where is the upper and lower screen PINs.
So, here is the formula:
Nintendo DS (Lite) screen has 4 or 3 (?) Leds for the Backlight. Each one receives 3V, and the mA is 12mA. with a multimeter.
so...
R=(3V*4 Leds)/12mA =1KΩ (resistane)
So, we will use a 1K resistance!

Basically, you can use any resistance HIGHER than 1K, but I didn't tested it. I'd recommend the 1K resistance. Of course don't be so stupid using a 1M resistance.

What do you need:
*Your broken NDS or DS Lite that doesn't work the upper or lower screen.
*A 1K Resistance
*Solderess
*A brain

For the Nintendo DS:

Dissamble your NDS, and the PINs are named LEDC1 and LEDA1 (lower screen), or LEDC2 and LEDA2 (upper screen) The pins are the same on the NDS and DS Lite.
CAM00084.jpg

Get ready to start with your resistance and soldering. If you are asking for the colours, there are. Remember resistances doesn't have polarity at all.
CAM00086.jpg

In my case, my upper screen ribbon is broken, so, I will solder a resistance here. You only need to solder the resistance and that's all, you don't need to do more. It would look like this:
CAM00093.jpg

You can solder some extra cable to put the resistance where you like and don't disturb in the start and select buttons. In my case, I will not.
CAM00091.jpg

So, just test it... and Voilá! It works! of couse, without the upper screen in my case.

NOTE: If you lower screen is broken, you should solder the resistance in these PINs
mod-pa14[1].jpg

This is from the lower screen.

Just assemble it, and it works, of course, without the upper screen or lower or whatever...
CAM00112.jpg
In this case I'd recommend playing GBA or Touch Screen games only. like Pokémon Ranger, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, or some GBA games. same with the upper screen.

For the Nintendo DS Lite:
It's the same process as the DS fat, and the DS Lite motherboard doesn't changes at all.
Dissamble your DS Lite, and search for the LEDC1 and LEDA1 (lower screen), or LEDC2 and LEDA2 (upper screen).
puntos[1].png

In my case, again, I will use the lower screen again as a test. I will simulate my upper screen is broken.
This time, I will use extra cable, since there is the D-PAD and the resistance would disturb the D-PAD.
cables[1].png

Solder it carefully... and solder the resistance.
resistencia[1].png

Now try to turn it on, and Voila! It works now!
sinlcd[1].png

If you're going to turn it on with the upper screen ONLY, you should solder the resistance here:
leda110[1].jpg

Remember resistances doesn't have polarity at all.

So... I was bored again, so, eh. Hopefully this should works for someone.

Last edited by Cyan, , Reason: Added locked reason

nitehack

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nitehack.blogspot.com.es
XP
Country
Spain
@Alex4U
It seems very bad that you say that an investigation that I did 4 years ago you say that you did it. Also, you have limited to summarize the tutorial that I put and you take the photos of my tutorial.
https://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_tut...-ds-lite-sin-la-pantalla-superior-mod_1882054
And Yes, I'm m3dssimply from EOL. (now nitehack)
So please edit your post and name me and tell everyone where you got it. Or I will take action.
Greetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't really see the point in updating it tbh