Hacking [TUTORIAL] Fiddler setup guide for blocking update server.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done it all but my Switch still refuses to connect to internet ( my firewall is turned off) I cant use eshop or any online features because it tells me to sign in to my Nintendo account and update. Is there any way around this or do I have to update?

Did you have the server blocked using the DNS before this tutorial was made? Make sure you take that off your internet settings before doing this, I guess.

Vullurian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you hold power button and restart your console? What version are you on? Do you have any screenshots of your configuration?

Yes i did and im on 2.0.0. What configuration exactly? Fiddler?

Did you have the server blocked using the DNS before this tutorial was made? Make sure you take that off your internet settings before doing this, I guess.

Nope. Decided to do it after seeing this tutorial.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What configuration exactly? Fiddler?
yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will this break the warrenty of the device?
I'm already on 2.0.1 and I don't want to update any further for the time being without voiding it.
I'm on 2.0 and I've sent in my dock and yesterday I sent in joycons for service. So no it doesn't although if you have a problem with the console itself and send it it it will most likely come back updated.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm on 2.0 and I've sent in my dock and yesterday I sent in joycons for service. So no it doesn't although if you have a problem with the console itself and send it it it will most likely come back updated.
But can you confirm the main console if possible? I just want to be sure becuase I have a warrenty + an extended warranty ._. yeah...

Last edited by petethepug,

Vullurian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

60bf576814.png

d62e79187a.png

Everything is as it should be i think?

Vullurian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see your switch connecting to fiddler, are you sure you setup the proxy information on the switch? If it's connecting to fiddler you will see the activity in the left window.

No matter what i do it doesnt connect to Fiddler. Tried it for like 6 times and even tried using another pc but no luck. Not sure what the problem is. I set the port to 8888 and looked up for my ip on whatismyid. I guess im just really unlucky.

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No matter what i do it doesnt connect to Fiddler. Tried it for like 6 times and even tried using another pc but no luck. Not sure what the problem is. I set the port to 8888 and looked up for my ip on whatismyid. I guess im just really unlucky.

You seem to be using your external wan IP address, you need to use the internal lan address of the PC you are trying to connect to. It will most like be similar to (192.168.0.###).

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/find-windows-10-device-ip-address/

Vullurian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

RMZK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Am I screwed if my Switch already has the update nag when trying to enter the e-shop? I've tried hard resetting the console, but it still shows the update nag.

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I screwed if my Switch already has the update nag when trying to enter the e-shop? I've tried hard resetting the console, but it still shows the update nag.
All I know is if you are on 2.0 you can just block the url and reboot the console. I know nothing of being on higher firmwares.

HerbPA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fiddler is a great tool. I use it a lot. Is there a way to turn on decryption to monitor the https traffic with the Switch? I don't know how to load the fiddler certificate into the console. Thanks.

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i just updated zelda and now i can't get into the eshop anymore. was able to before zelda update. don't update.
either open it right after booting the switch or enable airplane mode, reboot and disable airplane mode whenever you want to go into the eshop. still works fine for me on 2.0 with zelda and every other game fully updated

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i just updated zelda and now i can't get into the eshop anymore. was able to before zelda update. don't update.

edit: ...so it seems I can only get into the store IMMEDIATELY after boot... they did something
I assumed since you are posting in a tutorial thread on how to setup fiddler to block the system update servers that you were actually blocking them. If you are not planning on using fiddler then why are you posting here?

These are the servers you need to block:
http://sun.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo.net:443 - System Update Server/Nag
http://beach.hac.lp1.eshop.nintendo.net:443 - System Update Nag/Eshop lockout

As long as they are blocked you can update games and enter eshop at any time without any problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol