Tutorial:How to fix The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword

zelda-skyward-sword-boxart-updated.png

I created this topic because a lot of people had some problems with the game.
So here is how i fixed zelda.

1.From the place you downloaded the game had a package of WAD (IOS 2XX) files which i won't provide
2.Download Wad manager 1.7 Link: [ft]http://filetrip.net/f11391-WAD-Manager-1-7.html[/ft]
3.Transfer the was file to a USB or a SD card so you can install them.
4.Go to Homebrew Channel and start Wad manager 1.7
5.Select IOS 249 and install all the wad files (2XX)
6.Download the latest USB Loader GX (It's in WAD so i can't provide)
7.Go to settings and Enable autoreload IOS (Not Auto)
8.Play the game!

To play the game it requires a WM+
The newest controllers have this one.

Hope this will help you! :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do not touch your system menu version. it's irrelevant. the game does NOT care about the version of the system menu, the homebrew don't either, the USBloaders don't care about it, nobody care about the version of your system menu.
DOP Mii doesn't work offline.
if you want an offline solution, you should use ModMii. it's the safest way to update and fix any issues offline.

the system menu is not a slot, it's a channel. and it requires a specific IOS slot to work, so if you mess your console randomly you can brick it !
please, use modmii.

Or don't use modmii and don't touch your system at all.
just use a different ISO. (yeah, I know, it works in emulators, but like I said it's not a reference)

Last edited by Cyan,

IndustrialJazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do not touch your system menu version. it's irrelevant. the game does NOT care about the version of the system menu, the homebrew don't either, the USBloaders don't care about it, nobody care about the version of your system menu.
DOP Mii doesn't work offline.
if you want an offline solution, you should use ModMii. it's the safest way to update and fix any issues offline.

the system menu is not a slot, it's a channel. and it requires a specific IOS slot to work, so if you mess your console randomly you can brick it !
please, use modmii.

Or don't use modmii and don't touch your system at all.
just use a different ISO. (yeah, I know, it works in emulators, but like I said it's not a reference)

Ok, got it! Thanks for clarifying. I've had many different complications with this Wii, I got it from someone in China who had gotten it hacked, but I have another Wii from the States that I will update and start from the beginning with. Skyward Sword will have to wait. Thanks for being one of the most helpful people on this forum Cyan! Keep it up

Reactions: Cyan

JodyWontStop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this video helped me fix it. i did it for skyward sword but like cyan says its for all games that use Motion+ (if you have never done it before)

yes, i know its 2017 (im a new homebrewer)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
alternate dol is so 2010's ;)

if you still need that solution, it means you have an old softmod and still using old cIOS version with issues and game incompatibility.
why not just update your cIOS to v8 final and don't care about alt dol anymore?
for your information, all the motion+ issues were fixed in d2x v7 released in 2011

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1