Tutorial  Updated

Merging badge data!

Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
5239b2ce86.png

2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from the target and then pastewrite the strings onto your file.
aca6040825.png

c548712ff2.png

3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and pastewrite it to yours once again. (Alternatively, you can copy from 0x1C to 0x20 from your file and then pastewrite the strings onto the target. Using this method, you can skip step 2 and 3. Then simply copy the target file to your 3DS)
38f9bac7e1.png

4. Save the edited BadgeMngFile.dat.

5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

Great videos by @Ericzander:
CFW users:
Homebrew users:

EDIT: A lot of people don't know what to use. If you're a CFW user, use SaveDataFiler. If you're a *hax user, use ext_data dump tool or Sunshell by Rinnegatamante.

Last edited by froggestspirit,

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK nobody got banned for merging badge data or gytb, it was mostly the people who unlocked catchers/free practice/increase #plays that got banned. Im not sure if merging data/gytb will stop you from catching new badges though
much appreciate from sharing

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The link in the OP isn't working anymore. I also found a Dropbox link but that's also not working anymore?

Reactions: ccrowles

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The link in the OP isn't working anymore. I also found a Dropbox link but that's also not working anymore?

The new link gives me error 404 sadly... Would you be so kind to reupload it?

Hey guys, bananapi761 made a mirror of the files you need!
OK, thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Made a mirror link in case:
http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/ofFEbQMx/file.html

Thanks very much to Februarysn0w for sharing the huge badge collection <3

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
Followed this guide using FebruarySn0ws latest data (the files are labelled July 5th for date)

When EX_Data dump restored it didn't restore badgefile.dat just the badgemang.dat file, no idea if this was the problem or not but the badge list showed up as a 1000 and gave me great stacks of the ones I already had and returned a lot of blank icons for the ones I didn't, Any help?

cheonsacz

Trophies
XP
Country

I don't know what I'm doing wrong anymore. I followed the tutorial step by step. First I used exdata_dump to dump the files needed. I downloaded your files in the link above. I copied as said in the tutorial everything from yours BadgeMngFile.dat to mine (only the parts from 0x to 0B and then from 3E8 to the end). I left it in the extdata_dump folder (the edited file and the unedited BadgeData.dat from your link) and edited the config file to:

RESTORE "BadgeData.dat" "000014D1:/BadgeData.dat"
RESTORE "BadgeMngFile.dat" "000014D1:/BadgeMngFile.dat"

I saved it, opened my N3DS and opened exdata_dump and used the third option to restore. Both files it said success, but when I closed the *hax I use on my 3ds and tried to place badges I got this message:

"YOU CANNOT USE THIS FEATURE, BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO BADGES".

Did it happened to anyone else too? What I'm possibly doing wrong? Or could perhaps someone help me by checking my files if they are correct or edit them for me? I know I can restore it back by using Arcade Bridge app, but it would be nice if I could have all the badges :(

Last edited by cheonsacz,

Alex3dss

Unmotivated and depressed
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know what I'm doing wrong anymore. I followed the tutorial step by step. First I used exdata_dump to dump the files needed. I downloaded your files in the link above. I copied as said in the tutorial everything from yours BadgeMngFile.dat to mine (only the parts from 0x to 0B and then from 3E8 to the end). I left it in the extdata_dump folder (the edited file and the unedited BadgeData.dat from your link) and edited the config file to:

RESTORE "BadgeData.dat" "000014D1:/BadgeData.dat"
RESTORE "BadgeMngFile.dat" "000014D1:/BadgeMngFile.dat"

I saved it, opened my N3DS and opened exdata_dump and used the third option to restore. Both files it said success, but when I closed the *hax I use on my 3ds and tried to place badges I got this message:

"YOU CANNOT USE THIS FEATURE, BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO BADGES".

Did it happened to anyone else too? What I'm possibly doing wrong? Or could perhaps someone help me by checking my files if they are correct or edit them for me? I know I can restore it back by using Arcade Bridge app, but it would be nice if I could have all the badges :(
Try getting yourself some badges before merging the data. Maybe that will solve the problem

lelecureuil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I formatted my console but saved my SD card with my badge save (000014d1 folder, right?) on it before, is there still a way to turn it into the .dat file and transfer it back to my console?

cheonsacz

Trophies
XP
Country
Then I don't really know what could go wrong. Try it once more and follow all the steps carefully! If it then doesn't work send a message containing the badgedata files so I can try merging them

I already tried it like twenty times but it is not that suprising I keep failing. After all I'm noob when it comes to such things. I'd like to PM you and sent you my file if you could look it up. I would appreciate it very much :) (as a newbie I seem to be unable to send private messages to users there)

Last edited by cheonsacz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning