ROM Hack [Tutorial][SaveHexEdit] How to get all unobtainable outfits in Bravely Default EUR/USA

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
0) Do a dump of Bravely Default's save (Use JKSM).

1) Search, in your dump folder, for a file called GAMEX.sav (X can be 0, 1 or 2, depending on the slot you're using ingame).

2) Open GAMEX.sav in a HxD is highly recommended.

3) Open the OffSet shortcut with Ctrl+G, and go to B6F0.
1454798032-1.png

4) Scroll at the end of the big block, when 000000... start. For me, it's BB8D. It's not the same offset for every of us, since it depend on which items you have in your inventory.

5) Add OffSets like in this picture:
1454798034-2.png

C0 E5 4E E0 E5 4E 00 E6 4E 20 E6 4E 40 E6 4E
Copy that, and paste it for be more quickly ;)

6) Save the file, and inject the save back to your game.

Working?
Yes = Enjoy!
No = Try this solution

That's all?
No, Of course!

You notice that your outfits are censored, and, of course you want have them uncensored.

You have 2 choices:
¹
Play with censored OutFits
² Play with uncensored OutFits

For uncensor outfits, it's just a little more difficult, since it's just not SaveHacking, but RomHacking.
For that, you need to take the Japanese game, copy textures (they are CGFX, easily editables if you even want to do textures hacking (Please, do a nude outfits for me... I'm sure I can do it)), and paste them in the same folder where they are in the RomFS of the EUR version (censored).

OR you can also play my Uncensored Version.
Already patched for Uncensored outfits, and 3DS, CIA, LayeredFS and Mini pack are available.

You don't truste me? Then look the following screenshots:

Big thanks to @FGFlann for share us the OffSets in my BDU thread <3

Last edited by Asia81,

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question:
I added the offsets in HxD and i restored the save file back on to my US cartridge using "save_manager"
However, when i load up my save and try to access the item/weapon menus, it crashes.
I tried it again, and the game will not boot. (I have a backup though)
Any ideas?

Last edited by Stephano,

badger_vm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem for me, Eur game, are you adding more bits to the sav? (probably you aren't but...) I have tried buying more items but I already have all avaliable in the shop, selling any of the items make it crash, entering in a battle the same

Edit: I have tried in my second save, the one that is not complete and I dont have any outfits, there it works

Edit2: I managed to get them working, some items have 00 in their id, so you have to be carefull not deleting half of an item, the inventory starts at B6F8

Last edited by badger_vm,

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem for me, Eur game, are you adding more bits to the sav? (probably you aren't but...) I have tried buying more items but I already have all avaliable in the shop, selling any of the items make it crash, entering in a battle the same

Edit: I have tried in my second save, the one that is not complete and I dont have any outfits, there it works

Edit2: I managed to get them working, some items have 00 in their id, so you have to be carefull not deleting half of an item, the inventory starts at B6F8
Tried moving the entire inventory down to make room for the new offsets and i'm getting the same results.
I also took your advice and left room for possible 00's in an items id and it did not work either.
Any other ideas?

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
a guy (maybe it was FGFlann himself) said that the third byte of an item is also the first of the following one. they sum up in some way. maybe it's not that simple to add them to the inventory, but if it's so, why did Asia81 have no problems with it? maybe he was just lucky that the last item finished with 00? who knows...

badger_vm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried moving the entire inventory down to make room for the new offsets and i'm getting the same results.
I also took your advice and left room for possible 00's in an items id and it did not work either.
Any other ideas?
upload your sav and I'll try to edit it

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
If anybody is having trouble with adding these I would suggest buying 1x of a few items that you do not already have until you can see your inventory has grown. That should eliminate the risk of putting the items in the wrong spots since items can use a fourth byte for quantity.

Reactions: Sev501

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just pack it in rar and upload it on zippyshare

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is your save oO
It's of course not a BD's save

1456166284-1.png

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just pack it in rar and upload it on zippyshare

What is your save oO
It's of course not a BD's save
Odd. I got this save by using "save_manager" and dumped it to a folder on the root of my sd-card. This folder (titled SaveDataBackup) contained several .sav files, game0.sav being the save i tried to hex edit. Is this not the correct type of save?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And please, upload ALL files from the decrypted save if you want help, if not we can't test it.
Not just GAME0.

Odd. I got this save by using "save_manager" and dumped it to a folder on the root of my sd-card. This folder (titled SaveDataBackup) contained several .sav files, game0.sav being the save i tried to hex edit. Is this not the correct type of save?
I guess it's my fault since mozilla failed to download as .sav, and save as html instead.
Please do what I said, all files are needed

Reactions: kenjiehimura96

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And please, upload ALL files from the decrypted save if you want help, if not we can't test it.
Not just GAME0.

I guess it's my fault since mozilla failed to download as .sav, and save as html instead.
Please do what I said, all files are needed
Ok, here are all the files that were created from "Save_Manager"
Here is the link to Zippyshare... http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/vfg3TvWp/file.html

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
let's see

your save is USA ? forgot to ask before try

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Stephano I don't understand what's your problem.
Work fine for me on your save.

1456171169-censoredwork.jpg

Tried on the clean game, it's why it's censored. But you can see the items, so it work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1