Homebrew [Tutorial] Setting up Pegaswitch and Preparing for Homebrew

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't leave the windows firewall on. That doesn't matter honestly. You could just add exceptions if you needed yours on or just turn it off if you suspected it was blocking the connection. The wired connection should not matter. Should work on wifi just fine. Please see my previous question. Are you using a router? How are the devices joined? Can you ping each other? This is where you are at. They need to be on the same wifi network to do it wirelessly. 5g is a type of wifi network my router provides. You should not use a hotspot for this. If you are using a phone hotspot that might be the problem.

Unless you have way too many rules to turn off/disable, it's easier to just turn off Windows Firewall completely. That's how I done it with my Windows 10 computer.

edepot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't leave the windows firewall on. That doesn't matter honestly. You could just add exceptions if you needed yours on or just turn it off if you suspected it was blocking the connection. The wired connection should not matter. Should work on wifi just fine. Please see my previous question. Are you using a router? How are the devices joined? Can you ping each other? This is where you are at. They need to be on the same wifi network to do it wirelessly. 5g is a type of wifi network my router provides. You should not use a hotspot for this. If you are using a phone hotspot that might be the problem.

So are you saying you have a router that is offering wifi (5g type)? So your router is an Access Point that is offering Wi-Fi access to the internet. Does your router needs to talk to a dialup with name and password in order to connect to the ISP? How does it do that? Do you do it by setting it inside the router settings? Or is the router connected to your linux on windows PC via a wired connection. Then you make a PoP (dialup) connection in Windows to do the dialup name and password?

D

Deleted User

in my setup the router provides the "5g network" but since we are using the ip address of my windows pc for dns the switch does not actually go online but it connects to the same network of my router which my windows pc is also joined to (with a wire. But it should not matter honestly). There is an ssid for the 5g it is called seanville in the video. It has a password set by the router. But joining that network does not connect me to internet because of my dns settings. But joining this network with the above dns settings connects my switch to my pc since the dns is pointed to my windows pc. Well I shouldn't say connects but it does say just that in pegaswitch. It's more like the device "looks there" for it's name resolution. The linux bash in my case is WITHIN my windows pc so it is using the same ip. Your setup a tad different but workable.

TheGreek Boy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
hi guys when i'm running a nro file in pegaswitch i'm getting this message : ERROR: [ 409, '0x1216 (unable to verify nro hash or nrr signature in module ro userland)' ]

EDIT : now when i'm trying to load a nro file i'm getting "no output" message and my switch disconnects:(

Last edited by TheGreek Boy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning