Tutorial  Updated

Wii U USB Helper for macOS / OS X installation Guide

UPDATE: I created a new tutorial to run the android version of this app on macOS / OS X. It runs much smoother than this version. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...on-macos-os-x-installation-guide-pics.465330/

This isn't the prettiest solution for getting this thing running on a Mac, but it works.

1. Download Wii U USB Helper
2. Download WineBottler
3. Install Wine Bottler as instructed in the readme. Fairly simple: After opening the .dmg, drag both wine and wine bottler into your applications.
4. Open WineBottler
5. At the top click on "Advanced"

6. Under program installation, select the Wii U USB Helper's "Updater.exe" that you downloaded earlier and
the options as shown in the image:

7. Start compiling the .app with the Install button on the bottom right. This may take some time. It may look like it is frozen, I assure you it is not.
8. Run the app from wherever you saved it to during installation.
9. It will Ask you to choose a directory for where the app should save to. It may be best to create a new folder for this.
10. Next it will ask where to save downloaded game. Choose your preferred folder, or create a new one.
11. Follow the remaining instructions on screen. When it asks you for the title key source... Well you can find that fairly easily on google.

For application specific questions, refer to Hikari06's official thread on the Wii U USB Helper
ISSUES

***One thing I seem to not have gotten around is that the app attempts to install every time it is opened, which is not the biggest deal (not to me anyways).*** If you choose the same directory to install the application to, the application seems to sometimes crash. To get around this, delete the installation folder and install from scratch. Takes like 30 seconds of your time. Or you can just keep Wii U USB Helper open.

***The app will take a rather large chunk of space (about 1GB) due to its Windows' and .net dependencies hosted with it in the application.

Credits to @Hikari06 for creating the Wii U USB Helper.

Last edited by Nigleet,

CACTUS141001

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hola, las opciones dentro del recuadro de Winetricks no me aparecen, por qué crees que sea? son importantes?
Además, luego de crear la app y tratar de abrirla se queda congelada en 0% qué puedo hacer? de antemano gracias.

Nigleet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hola, las opciones dentro del recuadro de Winetricks no me aparecen, por qué crees que sea? son importantes?
Además, luego de crear la app y tratar de abrirla se queda congelada en 0% qué puedo hacer? de antemano gracias.
If you still have issues, let me know.

Usl5264

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to run this on High Sierra but after choosing the games directory it comes up with a Wine Error.

Any idea why?

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
FYI that doesn't work on macOS High Sierra - Bluestacks is glitchy as hell and isn't worth even trying.

@Usl5264 it depends on the error but it's probably something configured wrong or something required which isn't installed. Wine gives me plenty of trouble though. Personally, I'd recommend JNUSTool (or JNUSTool-Mod because it has a GUI, but it's buggy - sometimes it stops working unless you modify or delete the settings file).

Nigleet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FYI that doesn't work on macOS High Sierra - Bluestacks is glitchy as hell and isn't worth even trying.

@Usl5264 it depends on the error but it's probably something configured wrong or something required which isn't installed. Wine gives me plenty of trouble though. Personally, I'd recommend JNUSTool (or JNUSTool-Mod because it has a GUI, but it's buggy - sometimes it stops working unless you modify or delete the settings file).
What about it doesn’t work? I’ve done a clean install on high Sierra.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What about it doesn’t work? I’ve done a clean install on high Sierra.
It's glitchy - it doesn't refresh unless you switch between fullscreen and windowed modes or drag the window between multiple screens.

See my post here and this reddit thread here for more info.

It could have broken on 10.13.2, to be fair - I haven't checked Bluestacks on an earlier version of High Sierra, but one of the comments on Reddit suggests as much.

So basically, Wine or a virtual machine (VirtualBox, Parallels etc.) are your only options for High Sierra.

Last edited by TankedThomas,

jenchen12

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hello. When I've follow instruction and hit "Install" button on the 6th step, I've got an error:
###ERROR### Command '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wine regedit /tmp/reg.reg' returned status 126.
Task returned with status 1.

What did I wrong? I've tried to perform the instruction on the MBP 16 with Catalina on the board.

agpixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. When I've follow instruction and hit "Install" button on the 6th step, I've got an error:
###ERROR### Command '/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wine regedit /tmp/reg.reg' returned status 126.
Task returned with status 1.

What did I wrong? I've tried to perform the instruction on the MBP 16 with Catalina on the board.
wine doesn't works with catalina

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?