Tutorial  Updated

Wii U USB Helper Go on macOS / OS X Installation guide (PICS)

Unlike the previous tutorial I wrote on how to get Wii U USB Helper running on Mac, this guide will show you how to get the android version on your Mac though Bluestacks. Significantly more stable.

1. Download the Wii U USB Helper Go .APK (android package).
2. Inside the 'Documents' folder (Must be in documents due to Bluestacks) create a new folder called 'Wii U USB Helper' or something of your choosing.
3. Put the .apk file you downloaded into this new folder your created.
4. Download and install Bluestacks (an android emulator for Mac/PC)
5. Once installed it will look like this (***NOTE*** It may say that it cannot connect to the internet, just give it a minute or so):
6. Click on search in the top left and type in 'File explorer' and hit search.
7. This will lead you to the 'One time setup'. Click continue.
8. You will be prompted to log into or create a google account at this point. Proceed as instructed on screen.
9. Once you have logged in, you will see the 'one time setup' again. Click 'Continue'.
10. You will be prompted to login to your account again. Proceed as instructed.
11. After logging in, it should bring you back here to the 'one time setup' for the last time. Click 'Let's Go'
12. This should bring you to the Google Play Store. If it isn't already in the search bar, search for 'file explorer' and select 'File manager'. You can use any on there, but for the purposes of this tutorial this is the one I chose. Install and open the app.
13. Click on 'Internal Storage'
14. Navigate to >root>sdcard>windows>documents>Wii U USB Helper (Or whatever you decided to name your folder) and click on hikari06.usbhelper.usbhelper_go.apk and install then open.
15. After opening, you will see a window asking where to store games to. Choose 'Custom location' and navigate to sdcard>windows>documents and click 'select' to the left of 'Wii U USB Helper'
16. It will now ask you for a title key source. You should not have a hard time finding this on google.
17. You are now ready to download and enjoy. Downloads will be found as shown in the image. Copy the folders you need to the 'install' folder of your SD card and use WUP Installer GX 2 as per usual.

Credits to @Hikari06 for Wii U USB Helper and Wii U USB Helper Go.

Last edited by Nigleet,

Motionz

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the tutorial! Do you know if there is any way to resume downloads via bluestacks or Wiiu Helper - I'm getting only partial downloads each time and can't find anywhere to resume anything I have started.

Nigleet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the tutorial! Do you know if there is any way to resume downloads via bluestacks or Wiiu Helper - I'm getting only partial downloads each time and can't find anywhere to resume anything I have started.
When you open the app in blue stacks it should show as a yellow/orange to show a partial download. Simply go to that game, scroll down and hit the download again. It will resume where it left off.

Reactions: Motionz

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Note that this doesn't work on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) because Bluestacks has major issues. It'll act like it isn't working but it'll refresh the screen if you move it between multiple monitors, or make it fullscreen or windowed. That makes it basically impossible to enter text though.
Oh, and the Bluestacks team have basically abandoned Mac because reasons (that's about the depth of their explanation).

LastPixelBorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am stuck with "1. Download the Wii U USB Helper Go .APK (android package).". Does anyone know where I can download exact android APK version?

FailedShack

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi all, I am stuck with "1. Download the Wii U USB Helper Go .APK (android package).". Does anyone know where I can download exact android APK version?
You can get an up to date version from my GitHub, look for FailedShack/UsbHelper_GO on Google. I'd link it here but I'm new on GBATemp and it won't allow me to.

8bitopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
heya! this isn't working anymore is it? At least I can't get it to work if it is..

Unlike the previous tutorial I wrote on how to get Wii U USB Helper running on Mac, this guide will show you how to get the android version on your Mac though Bluestacks. Significantly more stable.

1. Download the Wii U USB Helper Go .APK (android package).
2. Inside the 'Documents' folder (Must be in documents due to Bluestacks) create a new folder called 'Wii U USB Helper' or something of your choosing.
3. Put the .apk file you downloaded into this new folder your created.
4. Download and install Bluestacks (an android emulator for Mac/PC)
5. Once installed it will look like this (***NOTE*** It may say that it cannot connect to the internet, just give it a minute or so):
6. Click on search in the top left and type in 'File explorer' and hit search.
7. This will lead you to the 'One time setup'. Click continue.
8. You will be prompted to log into or create a google account at this point. Proceed as instructed on screen.
9. Once you have logged in, you will see the 'one time setup' again. Click 'Continue'.
10. You will be prompted to login to your account again. Proceed as instructed.
11. After logging in, it should bring you back here to the 'one time setup' for the last time. Click 'Let's Go'
12. This should bring you to the Google Play Store. If it isn't already in the search bar, search for 'file explorer' and select 'File manager'. You can use any on there, but for the purposes of this tutorial this is the one I chose. Install and open the app.
13. Click on 'Internal Storage'
14. Navigate to >root>sdcard>windows>documents>Wii U USB Helper (Or whatever you decided to name your folder) and click on hikari06.usbhelper.usbhelper_go.apk and install then open.
15. After opening, you will see a window asking where to store games to. Choose 'Custom location' and navigate to sdcard>windows>documents and click 'select' to the left of 'Wii U USB Helper'
16. It will now ask you for a title key source. You should not have a hard time finding this on google.
17. You are now ready to download and enjoy. Downloads will be found as shown in the image. Copy the folders you need to the 'install' folder of your SD card and use WUP Installer GX 2 as per usual.

Credits to @Hikari06 for Wii U USB Helper and Wii U USB Helper Go.

m5ive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! Great guide, it worked perfectly.

Now, a major annoyance is that Bluestacks's Media Manager only allows to export individual files, not folders. I have tried numerous file manager apps, but none of them could access the sdcard folder.

Any way to export folders? Or are we stuck having to export files and then renaming the directories by typing the exact title id?

SakunaKun

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello and thanks for the guide!
Everything works, but I can't find the folder from the File Manager app. I made a new folder inside my Mac's Documents folder, as told, but then I can't seem to access it in any way from the app. After you've chosen "Internal Storage" there's no choice for "root". I've tried a lot of different apps but with no luck.
Any help what I may have missed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended