Ubisoft Celebrates The Holiday Season With Free PC Games

HOLIDAY_Uplay_Skin_ACBF_WIC-FINAL.jpg

Holidays are the perfect occasion to spend time with friends, family and have fun playing games! Just in time for the festive season, Ubisoft is giving two digital PC games away for FREE as part of its Happy Playdays! Players will have the opportunity to polish their strategy with World in Conflict and experience the Golden Age of Pirates with Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag.

Everyone who has a Ubisoft account and PC community is eligible to redeem the free games!

In addition to celebrate the festive season, Ubisoft is marking the 10th anniversary of both World in Conflict’s launch and the creation of the Assassin’s Creed’s universe.

World in Conflict (including the expansion Soviet Assault) will be FREE and downloadable for PC from December 4th to December 11th. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on PC will be available for FREE from December 11th to December 18th.

:download: Redeem your free game right here

Burlsol

Trophies
XP
Country
Would there be any major disadvantages in starting the assassin's creed series with black flag?
It's the one and only one that is actually fun to play. You can ignore most the assassin stuff and just do pirate things.

As for Uplay, most of the hate was because Ubisoft was pushing an always online model before such things became common (Blizzard, Rockstar, 2/3 of AA games released these days). This led to the usual sort of rage every time a new Uplay game is released since the servers often crap themselves trying to manage (unlike Blizzard in recent years). Although Ubisoft has been a bit touch and go with various microtransaction schemes (AC unity and AC syndi(nobody actually played this one)cate, or AC online thingy that nobody actually wanted), they have redeemed themselves slightly with Origins not having an exploitive microtransaction model. I'm willing to let myself be baited to giving them another shot even if they are just giving away games that nobody would normally pay for any more.

EA however can go choke on a thousand bags of severed bloody dicks as their execs and ruling shareholders get publicly flayed alive and dipped in acid.

Last edited by Burlsol,

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Well, it's Monday, my dudes. And only "Word in Conflict" is free. AC4 nowhere to be seen. They lied.

Edit: Apparently, your information was wrong!

http://blog.ubi.com/get-two-ubisoft-pc-classics-free-december/

From December 4 (9AM PST) through on December 11 (2AM PST), you’ll be able to download World in Conflict and its expansion (Soviet Assault) for free. Then, in honor of the tenth anniversary of the first Assassin’s Creed game, you’ll be able to get Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag for free from December 12 (6AM PST) through December 18 (2AM PST). As long as you download the games through Uplay during their free periods, they will be yours to keep and play whenever you like.

Last edited by DSpider,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's Monday, my dudes. And only "Word in Conflict" is free. AC4 nowhere to be seen. They lied.

Edit: Apparently, your information was wrong!

http://blog.ubi.com/get-two-ubisoft-pc-classics-free-december/

From December 4 (9AM PST) through on December 11 (2AM PST), you’ll be able to download World in Conflict and its expansion (Soviet Assault) for free. Then, in honor of the tenth anniversary of the first Assassin’s Creed game, you’ll be able to get Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag for free from December 12 (6AM PST) through December 18 (2AM PST). As long as you download the games through Uplay during their free periods, they will be yours to keep and play whenever you like.
Time zones are also a thing, too. It might be Monday for you, but 6am PST is still like 12 1/4 hours away from now. So you've got another 36 1/4 hours before it'll be listed.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
AC Black Flag was pretty good, basically the only AC game I liked, so that's neat.

I see the thread now... Well your lock felt like a rude slap in my face, please be nicer with casual users and i suggest to sticky such threads with "giveaway timers" when they go page 3, 4 in news for visibility; just noticed that was not in user submitted normal news, to my "defense"... Cheers.

Last edited by koimayeul,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho