• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

UK General Election 2015 - Where nobody is a winner

What government will we get?

• Labour majority government (highly unlikely)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Conservative majority government (highly unlikely)

• Labour - Liberal Democrat coalition (unlikely)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conservative - Liberal Democrat coalition (unlikely)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labour minority government (Very likely)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Conservative minority government (reasonably likely)

• Total voters

emigre

Deck head
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
_82798633_leaders_weds.jpg

No one is going to a majority, deals will have to be made and there's a reasonable chance of another election soon if there's enough wiggle room in the Fixed Term Parliament Act.

So yeah, instead of a poll about how you;re voting, I've gone for a 'what do ya think the government will be?' And feel free to express your opinion, hopefully we can have a good intelligent debate.

If anyone cares, I voted Labour.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just look at em, them 3 blokes right there - would any of you lot want any of those 3 babysitting your kids?! Him ont' left looks like a tit, end of. Him ont' right looks like he'd sacrifice them to Satan as soon as your car pulled out of the drive, and him int' middle, well I'd best not even answer that one!

....Yeah, real intellingent, grown up words from muffy again! :D But seriously, as a Northerner there's only one party I should be voting for, but just look at him - he's probably NOT a devil worshipper, but he just doesn't seem to have a look of 'power to the working class!' about him does he - he just doesn't LOOK like a Labour leader! (Granted Tony Blair didn't look much better...)

Now of course I'm always gonna vote for them, but I feel there's many would-be other Labour voters that just might not bother, purely based on the main man himself. Also, gotta love the big deal made about our new Princess Charlotte (who let's be honest really SHOULD have been named Mildred instead...) - it's like the election is small news isn't it - 'how odd.' ;) As a result I can see those feckwits getting another term.. . ...see, my first paragraph wasn't quite so childish after all.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Go Labour....

fucking Tories and Lib Dems have fucked the nation for the poor, middle class and every one in between... unless your a multi-billionaire... or kinda super rich.. i dont see how anyone can vote for those C***s

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brewster's Millions - "None of the Above". Totally nails it.

329853_f520.jpg

Conservatives - Only interested in Big Business, and themselves
Labour - Conservatives in a red tie
Lib Dems - Confused over who to suck up to next. Wear a red and blue striped tie
UKIP - Absolute tit of a hypocritical leader. Lose him, and maybe next time we'll talk
Greens - Just no. I'm sorry. You are expecting the impossible.
SNP - Can just fuck off. They had their chance for independance, the people said no. Now they want to fuck about with English people's lives as some sort of petty blackmail/revenge to get what they democratically could not achieve ? Nice. And why are all their leaders named after fish ?

RolfXCIV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Politics are there to please people. With better people come better politicians. If you're unhappy with your politicians, look at yourself and your neighbours.

emigre

Deck head
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here;s a BBC exit poll. It looks a lot different from every other poll.

Tories on 316 (+9 from 2010)

Labour on 239 (-19)

SNP 58

Liberal Democrats on 10 (-47)

UKIP on 2

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Generally agreed with Smuff, aside from:
UKIP - Absolute tit of a hypocritical leader. Lose him, and maybe next time we'll talk
....If I weren't knackered already (and have a long day at work tomorrow) I might have stopped up just to see the results come in, the camera panning over to Farage, then he whips off his mask and we find out it's another Sacha Baron Cohen character all along... to which I'd exclaim "I fuckin knew it!" - thee watch, we'll get the movie in 18 months...;)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Politics are there to please people. With better people come better politicians. If you're unhappy with your politicians, look at yourself and your neighbours.
Ahem, people thought Coelho (Prime Minister of Portugal) would do a whole lot of good but as it turns out.. Yeah. Unhappy voters were complaining that he didn't make the changes he promised to and what have you.

P.S.: I don't vote nor do I have a religion. Those two things are something I'd like to stay far away from IRL.

RolfXCIV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahem, people thought Coelho (Prime Minister of Portugal) would do a whole lot of good but as it turns out.. Yeah. Unhappy voters were complaining that he didn't make the changes he promised to and what have you.

Well, we still don't know if Portugal's current government was good or bad. Only time will tell. A lot of people thought it would be taking away the then prime-minister and money would suddenly grow from trees.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well, we still don't know if Portugal's current government was good or bad. Only time will tell. A lot of people thought it would be taking away the then prime-minister and money would suddenly grow from trees.

With so much unused land spread throughout the country, those same lands could be used to grow vegetables, fruit and farm animals to later butcher them.

I love jamón/presunto that's something I can never get too much of. I've bought a jamón leg recently so need to be moderate for it to not end quickly. :P

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see the point in voting. Seems I'll get shafted with an agave cactus in a sandpaper jimmy hat regardless of who wins, so why actively contribute to the process? I've seen this election bring out some of the worst scum in this city, the kind of people who vote for UKIP because they think their blatant racism is justified if there's enough dicks acting on the same level of dickishness. To me, politics is still a remnant of tribal mentality. Watching the house of commons on tv you soon realise that no matter how noble these people's intentions may once have been, they're soon forced to pick a side instead of discussing the matter at hand like rational human beings who are, by and large, a little bit of every viewpoint instead of all one way all the time on everything. End result, these people end up being only one step above a 'Your momma so fat' contest, only with millions on lives hanging in the balance. It sickens me.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point in voting. Seems I'll get shafted with an agave cactus in a sandpaper jimmy hat regardless of who wins, so why actively contribute to the process? I've seen this election bring out some of the worst scum in this city, the kind of people who vote for UKIP because they think their blatant racism is justified if there's enough dicks acting on the same level of dickishness. To me, politics is still a remnant of tribal mentality. Watching the house of commons on tv you soon realise that no matter how noble these people's intentions may once have been, they're soon forced to pick a side instead of discussing the matter at hand like rational human beings who are, by and large, a little bit of every viewpoint instead of all one way all the time on everything. End result, these people end up being only one step above a 'Your momma so fat' contest, only with millions on lives hanging in the balance. It sickens me.

Only issue is that isn't voting to a good way to stop the ukip loons from taking over?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.