UK police warns those who post "hate crime" and threatens users with "criminal offences"

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 17,755
  • Replies 361
  • Likes 15
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
They have deleted their tweet but many made backups, here's one:

DFn5j12XYAAY6rU.jpg

Twitter
And after this, they tweeted this 'gem':

George Orwell warned us.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
To correct myself, they actually didn't delete the tweet. It's on there and with over 5k comments.

wcs.png

Source: https://twitter.com/wiltshirepolice/status/889585359297945602
At this point the entire UK government is a joke. (Also, it is in fact possible for jokes to be unfunny.)
Completely. Another UK police branch has said that if any citizens are found with knives or w/e for protection they will be arrested.

DFqZk5YW0AAxgNj.jpg

More at: https://twitter.com/polNewsForever/status/890193193962262529

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
To correct myself, they actually didn't delete the tweet. It's on there and with over 5k comments.

View attachment 93756

Source: https://twitter.com/wiltshirepolice/status/889585359297945602

Completely. Another UK police branch has said that if any citizens are found with knives or w/e for protection they will be arrested.

DFqZk5YW0AAxgNj.jpg

More at: https://twitter.com/polNewsForever/status/890193193962262529
what if I'm coming out of the store and just bought a kitchen knife for home use? :eyes:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet people in the UK who illegally hunt foxes are never punished. Damn stupid Tories. Anyways. Sounds pretty ass-backwards like our justice system. Don't they have better things to punish people for instead of trying 1984 bullshit on speech?

Knives can be weapons
Cars can be weapons
Forks can be weapons

Okay, the UK should ban them all /s

Reactions: queendude

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't they have better things to punish people for instead of trying 1984 bullshit on speech?
As long as you try to be sensationalist and scaremongering (example: Daily Mail), it's more than welcome

Knives can be weapons
Cars can be weapons
Forks can be weapons

No need to give them ideas, they already know

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And yet people in the UK who illegally hunt foxes are never punished. Damn stupid Tories. Anyways. Sounds pretty ass-backwards like our justice system. Don't they have better things to punish people for instead of trying 1984 bullshit on speech?

Knives can be weapons
Cars can be weapons
Forks can be weapons

Your points are irrelevant.

1. You can't argue that if one person is allowed to get away without being punished, then everyone should be allowed to get away without being punished as it's impossible to punish everyone. You have to start somewhere.

2. A kitchen knife has a legitimate purpose. If you've just been shopping and are taking it home then you're fine, if you're walking around on a friday night with it then you're not. Your intent changes whether it's a weapon or not. Of course it's not up to the person carrying the weapon to define the intent, because they're all scum sucking liars who don't have the balls to admit why they are carrying.

3. 1984 is about controlling thoughts and speech against the government, the police were tweeting about trolls who victimise people who often end up committing suicide.

what if I'm coming out of the store and just bought a kitchen knife for home use? :eyes:

If you buy it and leave it in it's packaging until you get home then you're fine. If you "just come out of the store" and take it to a football match where it's no longer in it's packaging then you're not. Law is complex and often has to deal with grey areas where something may be reasonable in one situation and not in another. Recognising the appropriate and in-appropriate situations is what being a grown up is about.

dude, i say screw privacy if it means getting criminals off the streets, but i'm also pretty sure they can distinguish between trolling and actual "hate".

There isn't one.

Last edited by smf,
D

Deleted User

OP
Bad, because in today's day and age, simply having a different opinion is hate speech. Fuck that noise.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd also like to point out that they do not state what constitutes hate speech. Double whammy.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's always fun to see those not from England posting their opinion of hate speech. Here's what British law says:
"Expressions of hatred toward someone on account of that person's colour, race, disability, nationality (including citizenship), ethnic or national origin, religion, or sexual orientation is forbidden.[1][2][3]"

Just a wikipedia search away (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_the_United_Kingdom)

Edit:

Find it beyond hilarious how Saiyan thinks that Wiltshire police is our entire police force.

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1