UK police warns those who post "hate crime" and threatens users with "criminal offences"

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 17,756
  • Replies 361
  • Likes 15

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh it seems to have worked wonderfully thus far but I see this as a sign, in tandem, with the rising tensions of today's youth, growth of the internet and fascism. I am totally for some levels of control but honestly I don't like what I'm seeing in that tweet because the entire "hate speech" debate seems very disingenuous to me. There's so many Youtube activists who coin the term wrongly to slander whoever isn't with them. There's a lot of "fake" accusations of "hate speech" being thrown around these days I think. There's also a lot debatable stuff like Sargon of Akkad, which can seem a bit like covert hatespeech (I'm thinking of the "garbage human being" incident), you know, the kinds of people who dedicate entire video channels to cross-examining and dissecting what other people have said as they cherry pick everything apart to go "this must mean this person said this, ergo they're evil" etc.

I completely understand, what I will say though is that the law right now in the UK isn't that lenient when it comes to hate speech which is a good things as I'd rather not see criticism of people and beliefs become a thing of the past.
Such as the aforementioned Sargon who, while a disagree with a lot of his views, I feel that his opinions are important to society and advancing discussion on many important topics.
However, showing hatred for people for no other reason than to cause discord is, in my opinion, completely wrong and should not be tolerated in a egalitarian society where all people should be treated equally. (Of course, I understand the natural differences between people)

Reactions: Quantumcat

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
That reminds me of when I was in high school: we were discussing Beowulf and the teacher asked something about why Grendel was portrayed as black. One of the kids said "black is the color of evil." She replied, " if an African-American kid had heard you say that, you would get punched in the nose." The first thing I thought was "bitch, YOU'RE the racist one, implying that black people are prone to violence!" So the government is afraid of violent minority groups now?
Government is a mere reflection of the people it "protects"; if a government is racist, chances are very high that the rest of society that created it is just as racist if not more. If black people as a whole are more prone to violence than other ethnic groups in America, then it is simply a consequence of history with genetics thrown in for good measure (after all, humans keep the genes most likely to help them survive, and if being violent in an overtly racist world helps you get by then so be it), and should come as no surprise to anyone, least of all white people. The United States of America has always overall been afraid of minorities from its conception to this very moment and likely will be until its racist structure has been burned down, and that'll only come when the common people actually start committing to reducing societal tension (which I doubt will be very soon). Laws have never made people less racist, only hindered and limited their efforts to be so overt about it in public. It's why—despite the laws we have against discrimination—ultimately little has changed on either side of the conflict.
It's sad, but there are a lot of violent black people in America because they have more of a reason to be than anyone else, especially compared to other mistreated minority groups. That's all I'm willing to say left on this subject.

Last edited by Blue Sun,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...