Not open for further replies.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already understand that much, I just don't get the trolling part. I've seen some Twitch streams for some games that just released, whenever you donate you get to say something towards the host live for everyone to read so maybe he spammed the host with hate messages then asked for a refund afterwards. Am I right?
Maybe he did it just for the excited look on their faces?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he did it just for the excited look on their faces?
You can donate as little as $1 (sometimes it's $5) for an automatic message to be posted live. If it's a popular streamer I could imagine a few grand being spent just so it pisses off the other viewers and takes the attention away from the host to ban the spammer.

Same way the temp has been dealing with spamming trolls recently.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I already understand that much, I just don't get the trolling part. I've seen some Twitch streams for some games that just released, whenever you donate you get to say something towards the host live for everyone to read so maybe he spammed the host with hate messages then asked for a refund afterwards. Am I right?
Not really.

If I came to your house, and gave you $11,000, you'd be ecstatic right? You'd freak out, talk about what you'd do with the money, be generally excited yeah? You have $11,000! That's fucking awesome! Then imagine I came back a week or two later, and took that money back with a hearty "Fuck you, you actually thought I'd do that?". How would you feel then? That's where donation trolls get their thrill, where they yank their dong as Veho put it, from that immense disappointment that you'd feel, because some people are just assholes.

Spamming wouldn't work regardless, since those messages can be turned off with a single click, unlike a forum where you have to delete the posts and the users every single time.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No, it's much simpler. He donated large sums with the intent to cancel the payment later on and laugh at the naive fools who thought they were getting money. That was the plan. Like the coin on a string gag, "here's money" "gee, thanks!" "yoink! Loser!" That's the trolling.
The "string" here being the option of cancelling a transaction for a refund. He thought PayPal purchase protection was a risk-free money back guarantee with which to get the money back that he already pledged, but PayPal told him to go fuck himself.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I hear he can just go through the credit card company and file for credit card fraud

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
he's retarded a dumbass
I don't like that word. People misuse it all the time, and I have Autism (Asperger's Syndrome, to be exact). I had to deal with that word a ton in High School, and other people saying it brings back bad memories. Please edit your post; I know a lot of people who would feel the same way, too.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am actually ok with this happening to the little brat. Honestly, paypal should start cracking down on people who do horrible things like fake donations, it's a dick move and should come with an actual punishment. Maybe people will stop doing it.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. Well this should be intresting, I had somehow heard this name "Nexus" before, to bad idk if it will be the same guy I previously known, but I don't really give a crap.

I doubt he did a Credit Card Fraud. If someone were that stupid to check Pay Pal, and see they have $11k USD in their account, and say "Oh I clearly have this much money." Then I highly doubt this guy would even credit card fraud but that's my opinion. But in the case he does have those types of parents, maybe.

Well it's time for Pay Pal to get their shit together once they start dealing with this Twitch User.

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I would sorta feel bad if he was like 15 or something. But he's 18. That's old enough to smoke and die for your country (in the US). tl;dr he's and adult, so as an adult, he's responsible for his actions. I don't see how anyone would jokingly throw around that kind of money even it was guaranteed refundable. Unless they were like, Donald Trump or something. :tpi:

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like that word. People misuse it all the time, and I have Autism (Asperger's Syndrome, to be exact). I had to deal with that word a ton in High School, and other people saying it brings back bad memories. Please edit your post; I know a lot of people who would feel the same way, too.
the definition, according to google, is "very foolish or stupid" which is completely true in this guys situation. it has nothing to do with autism in this case.

Reactions: Deleted User

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although, upon looking into it more, I can't find any reputable sources or facts that this story is true.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i doubt anyone was recording the stream to "prove" it besides the kid himself who likely deleted it to prevent himself from looking like a fool. The only sources are the people watching the stream, and they're the ones who told people and got all of these articles written.
People watching the stream wouldn't know if he attempted to chargeback several months later....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night