Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So... keeping it with the cat analogy you opened the post with, this is kinda like when the cat gets the toy, you attempt to pull it out again and fail, and then get punished by your parents for harassing your cat. Still, good drama.

Reactions: VinsCool and Veho

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d7c040e598.png

quoted from: http://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/06/09/paypal-wont-refund-twitch-trolls-50000-in-donations/

I linked earlier a twitter discussion between one of the streamers he allegedly attacked:
https://twitter.com/MissMomoPlays/status/740642893623234560
In it she stating that he never tried to chargeback.

And another: https://twitter.com/hadesWFX/status/740590335999541248

Last edited by XavyrrVaati,
Reactions: Deleted User

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No, it's much simpler. He donated large sums with the intent to cancel the payment later on and laugh at the naive fools who thought they were getting money. That was the plan. Like the coin on a string gag, "here's money" "gee, thanks!" "yoink! Loser!" That's the trolling.
The "string" here being the option of cancelling a transaction for a refund. He thought PayPal purchase protection was a risk-free money back guarantee with which to get the money back that he already pledged, but PayPal told him to go fuck himself.
completely agreed. except that he didn't pledge it, he paid it. so its far worse than bailing on a pledge. (being a bit pedantic here i admit)

Last edited by dimmidice,

loco365

Trophies
XP
Feel sorry for the parents.
Moral: Don't let anyone know your credit card details.
Not necessarily, if he takes photos of the front and back of the card, he literally has all the information he needs.

But yeah, I don't feel sorry for him. He did something incredibly irresponsible and now he has to live up to the decision that he made. Who I do feel sorry for is the people that he sent the money to, because they all thought they were getting money in good faith only to find that it was a prank, although it may not end out too bad for them anyway, thanks to Paypal's policies.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Another discussion on twitter: https://twitter.com/GarciaVictor_/status/740869593422569473
So I guess the internet as a whole just likes jumping to conclusions? Wheee~ Burn the witch!
i've been doing some digging as well. sounds to me like this guy did a chargeback on one streamer, sodapoppin because he found out sodapoppin was rich after he donated, bullshit reason to do a chargeback of course. and somehow news sites started making articles saying he did a lot of chargebacks. but i can't really find any evidence of those.
its amazing to me how so many articles get made based on nothing but some tweets and claims by just random people basically.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im here just wondering how he's gonna be beaten by his parents and how long they will beat his ass

Karma bitch~
Probably not at all. Parents can be very forgiving. Also, he's 18, so he's legally an adult, so the parents will likely go to court. (note that I said legally, not mentally.)

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably not at all. Parents can be very forgiving. Also, he's 18, so he's legally an adult, so the parents will likely go to court. (note that I said legally, not mentally.)
Good point
Still, i don't think someone could forgive a 50,000 charge in his credit card

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he truly comes from a wealthy family who buys their way out of problems then it doesnt sound like it will be such a happy ending for the victims.

The best course of action would be for him to work off the debt that he foolishly wasted so he understands the value of money including court fees lawyers, etc.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
No, it's much simpler. He donated large sums with the intent to cancel the payment later on and laugh at the naive fools who thought they were getting money. That was the plan. Like the coin on a string gag, "here's money" "gee, thanks!" "yoink! Loser!" That's the trolling.
The "string" here being the option of cancelling a transaction for a refund. He thought PayPal purchase protection was a risk-free money back guarantee with which to get the money back that he already pledged, but PayPal told him to go fuck himself.
when i was a kid (i think about 13), i remember i did this!!!
i had a wallet attached with a fishing string, i putted it close to the street while watching from the window inside my house, i tricked 3 or 4 people xDD
but i wouldn't never do it with 50k, if i ever seen 50k i would just freeze and freak out with such money...
but one thing is the old lost wallet trick..it is harmless..
another thing is pretend to give something... and playing with such big money...
you have to respect the money!

Last edited by migles,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i was a kid (i think about 13), i remember i did this!!!
i had a wallet attached with a fishing string, i putted it close to the street while watching from the window inside my house, i tricked 3 or 4 people xDD
but i wouldn't never do it with 50k, if i ever seen 50k i would just freeze and freak out with such money...
but one thing is the old lost wallet trick..it is harmless..
another thing is pretend to give something... and playing with such big money...
you have to respect the money!

well, this took it one step forward. Imagine actually getting to keep the dollar (with an invisible string attached) and months later after you spent a different dollar, that dollar is pulled out of your wallet out of nowhere.

now you are down a dollar and did not even consider that you would somehow have it taken months later.

When I donate to people, I make it a point that even If it hurts me (like overdrafting because of an unplanned event after donating), I will never ever charge-back/refund, or demand money back.

Last edited by driverdis,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Upon further digging, it turns out most of the $50,000 were legitimate donations that were never disputed or cancelled; the guy did cancel a few donations and some of those claims were refused by PayPal, but most of his donations were undisputed and he really is in the habit of giving people money. Please put down the pitchforks and torches. Turns out all the sources I listed were just a circle jerk quoting each other and not doing any research, me included. So it looks like the real asshole in this case was me all along. [IRONY!]

Anyway, thread closed while the parties involved are done with the he-said-she-said and the truth comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM