Hacking up to 4.x exploitable, but lower firmware is better

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if it gets patched next firmware update we could have it soon but idk how long i can hold out not updating my switch well untill i get new games that require newer firmwares.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
if it gets patched next firmware update we could have it soon but idk how long i can hold out not updating my switch well untill i get new games that require newer firmwares.
Easy, just leak the bug to Nintendo, have them patch the bug and you can have your exploit.

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are these fuckers waiting for Nintendo to release an update to release this just so people can play a shitty DOOM port on a hideous homebrew launcher? Just wait for Xecuter's work [;

My, someone is salty. And insults too, very mature. Let's see you make a better Homebrew Launcher? Oh, you can't? Come back when you learn programming.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to pirate games :sad:
People like you are why the homebrew scene is so frowned upon by outsiders. If you can't afford games for the system you don't deserve to use the system. The homebrew devs aren't going to give you backup loading, and unless you are on 1.0.0 you'll need whatever TX has anyway to get decent piracy. Without it you won't get high enough privilege escalation to do piracy in any sane way.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't know it's coming until it comes, so yes if you don't want to update you need to remove it from the internet. Mine was updated to 3.0 by my daughter who is 3. She just loves clicking pop up boxes.

Why would they put updates behind parental controls.. they want you to update. Accidentally or not.

A child can not give legal consent to update. It should be locked behind parental controls. That's how it used to be. Nintendo should not be enabling people who aren't the owner of the console from making permanent irreversible changes to a piece of hardware they own. They should be sued over this.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A child can not give legal consent to update. It should be locked behind parental controls. That's how it used to be. Nintendo should not be enabling people who aren't the owner of the console from making permanent irreversible changes to a piece of hardware they own. They should be sued over this.

Or just don't let your kids use the Switch (and hide it till they go to sleep) and get them a 2DS instead. Problem solved.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Talk about overreacting? I'd love to see where any part of that is illegal?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I already paid for system, I can do anything with it.

I hope all firm will be xploited
That... That's not how it works..

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5 minutes of google and you could have found out that you can stop the updates with a custom DNS Server in the switch config.

That's much less reliable when internet controls are no longer locked behind parental controls. Basically, my post is complaining about their horrible parental controls. Nintendo needs to slap passwords on each account and allow parental controls per each account. And lock system settings, including updates, behind parental controls. This is rediculous. What happens when a 5 year and a 15 year old, or even 30 year old, have to share a Switch? You have to either let the 5 year play M rated games or make the 15 year old find you to put the PIN in every time. How dumb is this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or just don't let your kids use the Switch (and hide it till they go to sleep) and get them a 2DS instead. Problem solved.

That's a horrible solution. In my particual case, the child already has a 2DS. They wanted a Switch too. The child isn't even mine, he's my nephew. The Switch belongs to him, he lets me borrow it sometimes. But the child doesn't even live here. So the Switch is outside my control. Not a huge deal, wasn't gonna hack his Switch anyways. But if it was the other way around, where I owned the Switch and he didn't, I would want to let him use it safely. On the Wii U which I also let him play, I have a password set up with parental controls. He can't use my save file without permission. He can't play rated M games without my permission. He can't change internet settings. He can't watch Netflix or Hulu without permission. You can't put these restrictions on a Switch as easily.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's much less reliable when internet controls are no longer locked behind parental controls. Basically, my post is complaining about their horrible parental controls. Nintendo needs to slap passwords on each account and allow parental controls per each account. And lock system settings, including updates, behind parental controls. This is rediculous. What happens when a 5 year and a 15 year old, or even 30 year old, have to share a Switch? You have to either let the 5 year play M rated games or make the 15 year old find you to put the PIN in every time. How dumb is this?
You keep making points that can't really apply to system updates. Blocking games based on rating is one thing, but for normal people who aren't going to exploit the system, they don't have any reason to not update the system. So why would nintendo make it so updates can easily be blocked? The only one to benefit from that would be the ones using console exploits, which nintendo doesn't want you doing hence why they don't have that. On top of that there is no real reason to block internet settings. At worst for Nintendo a child will merely cause the device to disconnect from the correct network. So again this would only really benefit those using exploits.

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: