Hacking UPDATE 4.0.0 RELEASED

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna hold my breath or get my hopes up, it'll likely just end up in disappointment like so many great things in life. That said, I need to update my games anyways. I just hope that people don't single me out for deciding not to stay on 3.0.1.

I'm not wanting to hack this thing, I already have all the homebrew I want on my Wii U, 3DS XL, Snes Classic, Wii, etc. Plus I want to update Mario Kart to the latest game version and Sonic Mania for the bug fixes. I don't want to wait around, I hope people can respect my decision to do so. I have my reasons, and I can play all the emulators and ROMs on other devices.
If you don't plan on hacking your Switch, then there's no reason not to update to 4.0.0.

Personally, I always keep my gaming devices on the lowest software versions possible until I can use homebrew. It was years before I updated my Wii U past 4.0.2.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't plan on hacking your Switch, then there's no reason not to update to 4.0.0.

Personally, I always keep my gaming devices on the lowest software versions possible until I can use homebrew. It was years before I updated my Wii U past 4.0.2.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to 4.0.0, because I sure as hell don't expect anything to ever work on 4.0.0 firmware. I'm more worried about others calling me out on it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to 4.0.0, because I sure as hell don't expect anything to ever work on 4.0.0 firmware. I'm more worried about others calling me out on it.
First, who cares what other people think?

Second, it's still pretty early in the Switch's life. Mods on 4.0.0 are definitely possible, and because it's unlikely that something will become available for 3.0.1-3.0.2 but not 4.0.0+, there's probably no real reason not to update to 4.0.0 in your case.

In other words, there's probably no reason not to update to 4.0.0 if already on 3.0.1-3.0.2.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, who cares what other people think?

Second, it's still pretty early in the Switch's life. Mods on 4.0.0 are definitely possible, and because it's unlikely that something will become available for 3.0.1-3.0.2 but not 4.0.0+, there's probably no real reason not to update to 4.0.0 in your case.

In other words, there's probably no reason not to update to 4.0.0 if already on 3.0.1-3.0.2.

Yeah, but again, not gonna get my hopes up for 4.0.0 support, it's just easier that way.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would happen if (theoretically) Nintendo ends up burning all the fuses with updates before the console's end of life?

You'd lose future rollback protection but still be stuck on the most recent fw-at-time-of-final-burn at the minimum.

But I don't envision this as likely within its lifetime.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My sis updated and it's screwed her Switch up. Everything was loading slowly with the options menu making it freeze. We tried doing a factory reset and now during the system set-up the Switch freezes when she selects the country.

Can't call Ninty since it's past 5 here and they won't be open until Monday. Anyone got any ideas?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My sis updated and it's screwed her Switch up. Everything was loading slowly with the options menu making it freeze. We tried doing a factory reset and now during the system set-up the Switch freezes when she selects the country.

Can't call Ninty since it's past 5 here and they won't be open until Monday. Anyone got any ideas?
try safe mode

Hold down the volume buttons and also press the power button.

boscocraftXD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... somebody help me understand this: if we are able to dump and write files in 3.0.0, then why haven't we tried modifying a game save to run arbitrary code?

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sounds good baby we are on the same boat i agree with you!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1