Updated PSVR Announced

psvr.jpg

in a post update on PlayStation Blog's "PlayStation VR: The Ultimate FAQ" today, Sony announced that a "hardware update to PlayStation VR is being prepared".

This updated PSVR's design will enable the stereo headphone cables to be integrated with the VR headset and a slimmer, streamlined connection cable. HDR pass through will also be supported thanks to an updated Processor Unit, enabling users to enjoy HDR-compatible PS4 content on a TV without having to disconnect the Processor Unit in between the TV and the PS4 system. The post noted that this function can be used only when the VR headset is turned off.

However, because the cables of CUH-ZVR1 (old version) and CUH-ZVR2 (updated version) are different, you cannot swap the Processor Units.

As for the pricing for the PS VR bundles, it will remain the same and all PS VR games are compatible with both PS VR models.

You can read the full post update in the source below:

:arrow: SOURCE

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It wont change the games being uter ugly on PSVR... PS4 (pro ? I remember its the same game for Drive club in PS4 + VR) can't run a full game perfectly with good graphics, its barely PS3 level when in VR...
I'm more interested in the Scorpio/X VR when it will be ready, because of that beast of power it got, more suitable for VR purposes

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wont change the games being uter ugly on PSVR... PS4 (pro ? I remember its the same game for Drive club in PS4 + VR) can't run a full game perfectly with good graphics, its barely PS3 level when in VR...
I'm more interested in the Scorpio/X VR when it will be ready, because of that beast of power it got, more suitable for VR purposes
Agreed. I'm very excited about VR, but I can't invest in something that's not quite there yet.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country

You do realize the Scorpio Xbox One X isn't that much stronger than the PS4 Pro right?
CPU 2.3GHz vs 2.13GHz. 8% stronger cpu ._. it's laughable
6 TFLOPS, 326GB/s, 12GB GDDR5 vs 4.12 TFLOPS, 218 GB/s, 8GB GDDR5. So ~46% more TFLOPS, ~49% faster memory.
Have M$ even come out with VR yet? I mean we know about the AR HoloLens, but they don't really have any VR. Unless they gonna support the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize the Scorpio Xbox One X isn't that much stronger than the PS4 Pro right?
6 TFLOPS, 326GB/s, 12GB GDDR5 vs 4.12 TFLOPS, 218 GB/s, 8GB GDDR5. So ~46% more TFLOPS, ~49% faster memory.
Have M$ even come out with VR yet? I mean we know about the AR HoloLens, but they don't really have any VR. Unless they gonna support the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.
....46% more TFLOPS "isn't that much stronger"?

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You do not realise how 2 teraflops are an INSANE difference Oo, there are not only the "memory speed", it's the "graphic unit speed" its like comparing a GTX 970 to almost a GTX 1080 ! (wich is 8tflops IIRC)
The difference there is freakin huge, its almost a generation of difference now... remember that the difference between the PS4 and the PS4 pro are 2 teraflops for the graphics...

Last edited by nolimits59,

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Xbox One CPU was way ahead the PS4 IIRC... so a buffed 8 Cores jaguar @2.3ghz is more than enough to play on 4K/VR properly with a 6tflops GPU on the side...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. I'm very excited about VR, but I can't invest in something that's not quite there yet.
It's there already, but only on high-end PCs. I got early bird on the Pimax 8K HMD Kickstarter (dual 4K screens with an upscaled 1440p signal) for use with my existing Vive hardware/SteamVR. Not only is the resolution much higher, but it's a 200 degree FoV vs Vive's 110. At 1440p supersampling, I already love my Vive, so I think this will blow my mind all over again.

Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's there already, but only on high-end PCs. I got early bird on the Pimax 8K HMD Kickstarter (dual 4K screens with an upscaled 1440p signal) for use with my existing Vive hardware/SteamVR. Not only is the resolution much higher, but it's a 200 degree FoV vs Vive's 110. At 1440p supersampling, I already love my Vive, so I think this will blow my mind all over again.
That sounds amazing. Especially for por...ported games. Games that are ported to 8k VR. I'll have to look into it, thanks for the heads up. I'm always behind on things like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: