• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US launched missiles at Syrian base after Chemical Weapon attack

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who wants to bet Russia and N. Korea will join forces and end us? personally don't give a shit i was probably die of a heart attack in a year anyways
North Korea only continues to exist because of China. NK is just a front - I would worry more about the Chinese.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i think its better destroy all the world and re-create again
someone here remember about those villains who said the world is corrupted and they want to create a better world?
im starting to agree with them
cough Lysandre cough Bion cough

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's unlikely Russia will respond with war. They have their own financial problems to deal with, notably the sanction that a large amount of the world is imposing upon them.

Don't forget, Turkey shot down one of their planes. Nothing happened. Unless they decide they want the world to burn, especially themselves, they will not do anything this time either.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question is will putin continue supporting assad or just back off and let him fall

pqnQRo8.jpg

Reactions: the_randomizer

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backing off is in their best interest. The sanctions are hurting them quite a bit as far as their economic health goes, and they need to prioritize getting rid of that, or lessening it at least.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Syria shouldn't have been fucking stupid and used Sarin against it's citizens, you know, considering that chemical warfare has been banned, but what do they care? Now Russia is getting butthurt? That would make them an accomplice or supporter of said chemical warfare. Sorry, but I have no sympathy towards the Syrian government; yes, I have 100% sympathy to the citizens who have to suffer, but not to the idiots in charge.

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Maybe Syria shouldn't have been fucking stupid and used Sarin against it's citizens, you know, considering that chemical warfare has been banned, but what do they care? Now Russia is getting butthurt? That would make them an accomplice or supporter of said chemical warfare. Sorry, but I have no sympathy towards the Syrian government; yes, I have 100% sympathy to the citizens who have to suffer, but not to the idiots in charge.

Have any facts that indicate it was the Syrian Government? Aware that the rebels have infact used chemical attacks on the population before?

Reactions: RevPokemon

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. Its funny to see people knocking Trump for this. I'm not a Trump supporter, but this would have happened no matter who the president was. It was set in stone when Obama agreed not to use force a few years ago, under the condition that chemical weapons will no longer be used. We bombed an air base, didn't even take the flight strip out of commission, was a warning shot more than anything.

Reactions: RevPokemon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs