Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'M DOING THIS AGAIN

So, i have posted some time ago asking if modding emulators ( Such as Snes9xGX, WiiSX, Wii64, etc ) to work with USB controllers. Not PS3 controllers, i'm talking about normal USB controllers made for PCs to use in emulation. I've only seen ONE homebrew use this that is Nintendont. Everyone now knows it's possible, but why does NO ONE does anything with it? If someone decided to stop being a lazy ass and mod these emulators it would help ALOT of people. Most of these emulators are based of emulators that were made for PC, which have full USB HID support. This just doesn't make ANY sense. I'm really mad at everyone that CAN and WANT to do this, but just don't do it. If i could add this kind of support to emulators and homebrews, i would, but i can't. But there ARE people out there who can and it really makes me mad that no one cares about this. Wii homebrew is not evolving at all, there are so much things that can be done but people just want to live in the past. We are in 2015 and some emulators don't get updates since 2010. Can someone explain to me why does no one cares?

( Sorry for my bad english, i am japanese ( Pacheco is because i'm half-portuguese ).

Reactions: Tarmfot

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did you bump your own post 11 minutes after you posted it?

Two possible reasons why it hasn't been done.

1. Wii Homebrew development is pretty much dead
2. Nobody wants to.

Pacheko17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
HOLD IT!
Why is it dead? It just isn't. Specially with homebrew on vWii now.
And alot of people want to, there are hundreds of posts about this.
And i bumped it so i don't get ignored and fall on limbo like last time.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii homebrew died because of smartphones and 3ds. Only 5 homebrew are actively updated and 3 of them are the main usb loaders.

You can learn to code and do it yourself if you really want it.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Welp, i'll study a bit then. Do you have anything that could help me learn how to code Wii homebrew?

I'm quite interested in this kind of thread too, the Wii Homebrew can be a little bit complicated, but with a good start you will be handling all, okay, i'm not the expert when it comes to programming, but i know about a little interesting thing called LUA, LUA is the lenguage for programming homebrew, altering certain functions in some games,etc.
To alter a certain function in a program, you need to know everything about the program, like the variables, the functions, how it works, whan it can do, of course, every program has limits, the Wii can handle certain limits to put for a program, so don't expect something impossible like an emulator of Xbox 360 for the Wii, that's impossible in almost every sense because the Wii can't handle that quantity of information.
Ok, look, if you want to do something, you must study the lenguage of programming, How can you study this kind of thing?, well, you must start with certain programs for the Notepad, then put certain variables that the tutorials give,etc.

Now, I'll give you some links, read carefully what it says, try to obtain all the information you can, and if you feel brave, try to experiment with your own Wii, until you reach a certain point, you can now alter the patterns the emulation programs has, and with that, you can reach anything with homebrews, if you want, you can create something better than Nintendont xd, of course, that's possible, quite hard, but possible, the Wii has so much capabilities for emulation systems, that the quantity of outdated emulators is a shame for what the Wii can offer, it's really a shame that much people doesn't care about emulation in videogame consoles because they have either Smarthphones or Computers, even though i love to play those games with a TV, i don't feel like playing in my monitor, even if my monitor has 24 or 26 Inches, it doesn't matter, I just want to play with my normal TV with my Chair.

Well, I'll give you some links: http://www.codemii.com/category/wii-programming-tutorials/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_(programming_language)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-journey-to-wii-programming.292285/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/146466/tutorials-for-wii-programming

I cannot give you anymore, I'm not a wise expert about this thing, to begin, i don't know how to program with the Wii, all i can give you is some links, maybe it's not too much, maybe yes, i don't know, it depends on you whatever you like to start with this kind of thing, I can assure you that if you manage to hack the programs, and make them yours to alter, you'll have a good way in the programming scene, if you show potential here you'll obtain exp to manage incredible things in informatic computation too, so, try it!, it seems too hard, but after reading some of the content about this, it doesn't become too hard.

The key word about programming is one: Patience. Never do this kind of things too fast, it can be hard to deal when you do things like that, well, that's all the help i can give you, i hope that this could have been helpful, sorry for not giving you the best of the master because i'm not a master of this, but with my point of perspective, I know you can do it, don't give up, always remember to be patient!

Pacheko17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm quite interested in this kind of thread too, the Wii Homebrew can be a little bit complicated, but with a good start you will be handling all, okay, i'm not the expert when it comes to programming, but i know about a little interesting thing called LUA, LUA is the lenguage for programming homebrew, altering certain functions in some games,etc.
To alter a certain function in a program, you need to know everything about the program, like the variables, the functions, how it works, whan it can do, of course, every program has limits, the Wii can handle certain limits to put for a program, so don't expect something impossible like an emulator of Xbox 360 for the Wii, that's impossible in almost every sense because the Wii can't handle that quantity of information.
Ok, look, if you want to do something, you must study the lenguage of programming, How can you study this kind of thing?, well, you must start with certain programs for the Notepad, then put certain variables that the tutorials give,etc.

Now, I'll give you some links, read carefully what it says, try to obtain all the information you can, and if you feel brave, try to experiment with your own Wii, until you reach a certain point, you can now alter the patterns the emulation programs has, and with that, you can reach anything with homebrews, if you want, you can create something better than Nintendont xd, of course, that's possible, quite hard, but possible, the Wii has so much capabilities for emulation systems, that the quantity of outdated emulators is a shame for what the Wii can offer, it's really a shame that much people doesn't care about emulation in videogame consoles because they have either Smarthphones or Computers, even though i love to play those games with a TV, i don't feel like playing in my monitor, even if my monitor has 24 or 26 Inches, it doesn't matter, I just want to play with my normal TV with my Chair.

Well, I'll give you some links: http://www.codemii.com/category/wii-programming-tutorials/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_(programming_language)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-journey-to-wii-programming.292285/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/146466/tutorials-for-wii-programming

I cannot give you anymore, I'm not a wise expert about this thing, to begin, i don't know how to program with the Wii, all i can give you is some links, maybe it's not too much, maybe yes, i don't know, it depends on you whatever you like to start with this kind of thing, I can assure you that if you manage to hack the programs, and make them yours to alter, you'll have a good way in the programming scene, if you show potential here you'll obtain exp to manage incredible things in informatic computation too, so, try it!, it seems too hard, but after reading some of the content about this, it doesn't become too hard.

The key word about programming is one: Patience. Never do this kind of things too fast, it can be hard to deal when you do things like that, well, that's all the help i can give you, i hope that this could have been helpful, sorry for not giving you the best of the master because i'm not a master of this, but with my point of perspective, I know you can do it, don't give up, always remember to be patient!

Well, thank you alot! I am indeed aware of the Wiis limitations, i have been experiencing with them for some time now to see what the Wii can do. The most extreme thing i did was to run Half-Life out of DOSBox with Windows 95. It ran at around 3 FPS, but it was pretty cool. I do have some experiences with LUA, since i worked with GMOD addons back in 2011 ( I stopped now, but i still play GMOD ). I'll read everything you sent me, and when i feel like i've acquired enough knowledge, i'll try to modify the existing emulators to work with HID. And yeah, the Wii doesn't get the attention it deserves. The original XBOX has better emulators than the Wii, and the original XBOX has a proper controller to play old systems right out of the box ( Even though it's huge ). So yeah, thanks alot :)

( Again, sorry for my english, i'm still learning :P )

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, thank you alot! I am indeed aware of the Wiis limitations, i have been experiencing with them for some time now to see what the Wii can do. The most extreme thing i did was to run Half-Life out of DOSBox with Windows 95. It ran at around 3 FPS, but it was pretty cool. I do have some experiences with LUA, since i worked with GMOD addons back in 2011 ( I stopped now, but i still play GMOD ). I'll read everything you sent me, and when i feel like i've acquired enough knowledge, i'll try to modify the existing emulators to work with HID. And yeah, the Wii doesn't get the attention it deserves. The original XBOX has better emulators than the Wii, and the original XBOX has a proper controller to play old systems right out of the box ( Even though it's huge ). So yeah, thanks alot :)

For nothing, the English isn't my native language, but it seems that i'm doing it pretty good so, it feels funny read this because i often used to say that, and when i got better, now i'm noticing the mistakes in the english jaja, anyway, you didn't have any kind of problem so, you don't have to worry.

Modify an emulator isn't the most complicated thing in the entire world, but one mistake and it can create an error, especially in a console emulator, so, you better watch out that, I read that some emulators use the easiest way to create a file .cfg, and name it with something like USB controller to create a pass for them, I hope that you will reach something like this, i would like to see some results if you could do something like that, if you're going to start, i recommend you the NES emulator for Wii, why?, because it has one of the easiest controllers to modify (8 buttons), not only that, is one of the systems that got more hacked, that console it's so hacked that even a frickin PSX can run something like that, so, you better start with that, then with the SNES, Sega Genesis,etc. I hope you can do a fine work, see you later!

Daltonfn

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hello! Do you guys had evolution about this? Tell us! :D

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is old but it's better than to create a new thread...I would love to use my NES USB controller for NES games and the iBuffalo SNES instead of the Wiimote and Classic cintroller, the Wii can be bought for $20 , softmodded and be way better than SNES/NES Classic with emulators, roms covers, gamecube and wii games.

Pacheko17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know this is old but it's better than to create a new thread...I would love to use my NES USB controller for NES games and the iBuffalo SNES instead of the Wiimote and Classic cintroller, the Wii can be bought for $20 , softmodded and be way better than SNES/NES Classic with emulators, roms covers, gamecube and wii games.

I ended up just getting a Classic Controller Pro after all these years. But using those USB controllers would be great indeed.

Reactions: yadspi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"