Hacking USB Loader GX and d2x IOS installer problems

ssj1987adam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decompress the archive then put it in your APPS, then run cios d2x by the HBC

I tried this and @GreyWolf. And thank you for the suggestions. I am still running into the same problem. I saw something on wiidatabase.de about trying NUSD. Has anybody tried it through that program? I did the ones they said so I have those files ready to go.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try v8 instead of v10. (v10 was released only because of the WiiU vWii hacking, but it doesn't have anything useful for the Wii, it's almost the same as v8)
being almost the same, you might have the same problem with v8.
You can try v7, but don't go lower (v7 fixes important problems)

@ssj1987adam
a little late, but if you still need to do it :
- delete your wad files located on your SD card.
- be sure your network is working and you didn't block nintendo's server (you'll get the needed files directly from nintendo's servers, don't use NUSD or wad method. If you setup a DNS or filter URL to hack your 3DS or WiiU, disable them).
- be sure you have only one d2x installer (maybe you have more than one, and that's why you are stuck with v6 max)
- copy the d2x installer the same way you did on previous page (all the files and folders were in the correct location)

sd:/apps/installer/boot.dol
sd:/apps/installer/meta.xml
sd:/apps/installer/icon.png
sd:/apps/installer/ciosmaps.xml
sd:/apps/installer/7/
sd:/apps/installer/8/
sd:/apps/installer/10/

If you have v6 max, it means you are using the wrong "ciosmaps.xml" file. be sure to use ALL the files from the d2x installer package I made.

- Run the installer from HBC
- use dPAD to choose this :

what : d2x v8 final
where : slot 249
base : 56
version : 21008
Press A to install from the network, and wait until you are back to the install page.
do the same, but with those values :

where : slot 250
base : 57

after install, Then exit the installer.
if you still have v6 max, you are doing something wrong, like for example not extracting everything correctly. You need to keep the folder hierarchy, keep folders 7, 8 and 10 inside the "installer" folder.
Don't use an extractor which doesn't keep the folder and extract every files into "installer" folder.

Reactions: jooozek

jooozek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
try v8 instead of v10. (v10 was released only because of the WiiU vWii hacking, but it doesn't have anything useful for the Wii, it's almost the same as v8)
being almost the same, you might have the same problem with v8.
You can try v7, but don't go lower (v7 fixes important problems)

@ssj1987adam
a little late, but if you still need to do it :
- delete your wad files located on your SD card.
- be sure your network is working and you didn't block nintendo's server (you'll get the needed files directly from nintendo's servers, don't use NUSD or wad method. If you setup a DNS or filter URL to hack your 3DS or WiiU, disable them).
- be sure you have only one d2x installer (maybe you have more than one, and that's why you are stuck with v6 max)
- copy the d2x installer the same way you did on previous page (all the files and folders were in the correct location)

sd:/apps/installer/boot.dol
sd:/apps/installer/meta.xml
sd:/apps/installer/icon.png
sd:/apps/installer/ciosmaps.xml
sd:/apps/installer/7/
sd:/apps/installer/8/
sd:/apps/installer/10/

If you have v6 max, it means you are using the wrong "ciosmaps.xml" file. be sure to use ALL the files from the d2x installer package I made.

- Run the installer from HBC
- use dPAD to choose this :

where : slot 249
base : 56
Press A to install from the network, and wait until you are back to the install page.
do the same, but with those values :

where : slot 250
base : 57

after install, Then exit the installer.
if you still have v6 max, you are doing something wrong, like for example not extracting everything correctly. You need to keep the folder hierarchy, keep folders 7, 8 and 10 inside the "installer" folder.
Don't use an extractor which doesn't keep the folder and extract every files into "installer" folder.

Thanks a lot for all this information, I was in process of updating my old Wii which I soft-modded like 6 years ago but played with it and had EmuNAND working till I upgraded cIOS, installed that package of yours with v8s and I can play WiiWare stuff again.

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: 80% is nintendrones