• Likes 47

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't change it. I think it's something changed in nintendont, it doesn't display anything on screen when autobooting too look more seamless.
select game in USBLoaderGX -> wait -> game appear, no more intermediate nintendont interface and loading info.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont doesn't display anything when it's started by sending it the config in memory anymore unless there's a problem or the memory card file needs to be created.

It would be nice to have an option for that or at least a minimal splash screen.

Reactions: fledge68

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool cool, thank you.

It's not so terribly inconvenient and it does make it feel seamless, though a splash screen would be a neat idea to show that it's working, cause first time I was like "Ah man, this HDD isn't working!"

I'll probably mention it over in the Nintendont thread. See how they're doing over there.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool cool, thank you.

It's not so terribly inconvenient and it does make it feel seamless, though a splash screen would be a neat idea to show that it's working, cause first time I was like "Ah man, this HDD isn't working!"

I'll probably mention it over in the Nintendont thread. See how they're doing over there.

If it helps any keeping GX using IOS58 for the loader IOS makes it take a bit less time.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1249#post-7790308

I think channels which require IOS58 have issues (wiimc, hbc, etc.) due to forced cIOS reloading before launching a channel (expecting it to be a game/wiiware/vc).
I tried to add the option to reload to requested IOS instead, but I couldn't manage to fix it (I'll try again another time).
I didn't thought it would depend on the loader's IOS. (it should reload to cIOS before launching games, and it should reload to 58 before launching homebrew). More test is needed.

I never used wiimc. HBC v1.10 won't work.
edit: I installed wiimc and briefly tested the functions.
with game ios set to 249, it can't find my HDD. otherwise its working the same as I started it from HBC - I can see the icon.png from various apps on my SD and I can list online media from southcast (though trying to play will DSI - same when starting from HBC)
with game ios manually set to 58, it can find my HDD (with 2 partitions) and view the icon.png on the apps there.
don't know how to test more deeply.

Anyone interested in doing more tests?

PS. hbc always loads the scam screen if launched inside usbloadergx. Maybe it is checking the patched ios58 in memory that usbloadergx used at boot and don't like it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I removed all the patches in 1269mod3, Greywolf mentioned it wasn't needed.
the only needed patch was SSL, I removed it from the sources but kept the other patches enabled. I wrongly thought it was required for ES/ISFS rights if it wasn't a cIOS.

Now the patches are only applied to Hermes (if no ahb access) and vWii IOS to add ISFS.
maybe you can try launching HBC with 1269mod3? I could, but you probably will do it before me.

Last edited by Cyan,

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool cool, thank you.

Fix advised me to recompile Nintendont to show what is happening on screen by commenting out all the "if(argsboot == false)" lines in the main.c file other than the one on line 788 in the current build. I am not sure if I should publicly share custom builds with others, but I can probably send it to you over PM.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I removed all the patches in 1269mod3, Greywolf mentioned it wasn't needed.
the only needed patch was SSL, I removed it from the sources but kept the other patches enabled. I wrongly thought it was required for ES/ISFS rights if it wasn't a cIOS.

Now the patches are only applied to Hermes (if no ahb access) and vWii IOS to add ISFS.
maybe you can try launching HBC with 1269mod3? I could, but you probably will do it before me.

Ah, forget to mention that I'm still on 1260 since I don't need the latest changes (yet).
Just switched to 1269mod3 and HBC still boots to scam screen, so it is something else
WiiMC is working the same way as in 1260 or from system menu. But I don't really know how it should work.

Last edited by tswntk,

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Can someone suggest me a solution for this case? My Wii plays Wii games from the HDD just fine (Fat 32 and 1 partition at this moment, after attempting to solve it), but can't play GCN games (errors at Nintendont). I have formatted my HDD through my Xbox 360 and the GCN games works through Nintendont again, but not the Wii games. So, I've tried to attempt to replicate the way the xbox formats it, but to no avail. Help.

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
This is most likely not a formating issue. Yet formatting through your PC again (there is no need to use Xbox) and then ensure your file structure is right.

If usb loadergx still won't show them download Nintendont standalone and see if it works. You probably have a setting wrong in one of the apps this will help track it down
With my same settings, formatting with my xbox360 makes GCN work (USB loader doesn't see the HDD though, so I play them directly from Nintendont). I've tried formatting it with my PC but never works, in this case, USB loader GX shows the game on my HDD, but when I load, "CheckForMultiGameAndRegion() = failed" pops out and it reboots. The file structure should not be the problem (they are in games/[TitleID]/game.iso)
I have no idea how an Xbox 360 formats drives. It could be GPT instead of MBR, or exFAT and not FAT32.
It's inconsistent, in disc manager it shows Healthy Fat32 partition, active and GPT (I think) , but when I look at it from a partition maker (MiniTool Partition Wizard is what I used), it says its unallocated Volume, but I can explore the HDD just fine.

Uupo03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey. In some games like guitar hero 3, game works just fine but the picture is like 15 pixels (maybe more) up so there is a black bar at the bottom. Seems to only be the case for some NTSC games (my wii is pal) Also happens to some gamecube games, but even for those, only some NTSC copies. Happens with both tvs I've tried.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. In some games like guitar hero 3, game works just fine but the picture is like 15 pixels (maybe more) up so there is a black bar at the bottom. Seems to only be the case for some NTSC games (my wii is pal) Also happens to some gamecube games, but even for those, only some NTSC copies. Happens with both tvs I've tried.

It's best to stick with games for your region. PAL and NTSC don't have the same resolution or refresh rate.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
To provide more info the stick has two 'partitions' a FAT32 and a self bootable 'cd' that I can't get rid off. Both are labeled as primary, I suspect USB loader GX, CFG and Wiiflow are for some bizarre reason mounting this one instead of the FAT 32 one.

If anyone wants pics, I can provide one.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run DISKPART from Windows as administrator and use LIST DISK to show your drives. Use SELECT DISK X (whichever drive is your flash drive) then type LIST PARTITION to make sure you selected the right one. Then use CLEAN, followed by CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY. Then format the drive. CLEAN wipes out the entire partition table for the drive.

Be careful. DISKPART does not have any warnings and it's easy to wipe the wrong drive.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Run DISKPART from Windows as administrator and use LIST DISK to show your drives. Use SELECT DISK X (whichever drive is your flash drive) then type LIST PARTITION to make sure you selected the right one. Then use CLEAN, followed by CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY. Then format the drive. CLEAN wipes out the entire partition table for the drive.

Be careful. DISKPART does not have any warnings and it's easy to wipe the wrong drive.

CqHVAf6
That's not going to work,
https://imgur.com/CqHVAf6

https://imgur.com/a/RBUWj

I've attempted to wipe it through paragon, easeUS etc. but the F letter won't pop up. I can't force GX or any of the others to select G, but nintendon't somehow doesn't has this issue.

Last edited by Duncan Idaho,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't use drive letters with DISKPART. It can assign them but they're not needed. I promise CLEAN will wipe out any virtual CD partition or those old crappy U3 bootable ones. :)

If it's a SanDisk try the tool linked in the second post here if DISKPART doesn't do it.

Nintendont uses FatFS instead of libogc's libfat and mounts the first usable partition so that may be why it's different.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@