Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced for Switch/PS4/XBO

SEGA has finally lifted the curtain on their "Project Valkyria", revealing it to be Valkyria Chronicles 4. The game will take place during the same era as the original Valkyrie Chronicles, but will feature all new characters. Planned for a 2018 release in Japan, North America, and Europe, it'll mark the first Valkyria Chronicles game in 7 years. Valkyria Chronicles 4 will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

It is the year 1935 EC...
The continent of Europa is engulfed in the flames of the Second Europan War between the Atlantic Federation and the Autocratic Eastern Imperial Alliance. Although the Federation struggles valiantly against the Empire's forces, the relentless imperial military machine threatens to consume them. With victory slipping away, the Federation executes Operation Northern Cross: a last-ditch attempt to capture the imperial capital and end the war.
Commander Claude Wallace and his loyal childhood friends in Squad E are sent to fight for the desperate operation's success, but they will have to endure harsh bone-chilling elements, waves of imperial soldiers, and the terrifying Valkyria... and unravel a grave truth that will shake them to the core.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Features:
  • A Coming-of-Age Story in a Time of War - Valkyria Chronicles 4 takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but focuses on a whole new cast of main characters. Players will take command of the eager, young Commander Claude Wallace, engineer/heavy weapons extraordinaire Riley Miller, hotheaded Darcsen Raz, ice-cold ace sniper Kai Schulen, and more. Together, they will experience the painful realities of war--but will the bonds of Squad E's friendships survive the frozen battlefield?
  • The Next Generation "BLiTZ" Battle System - The part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter "BLiTZ" battle system returns to the field. New features include an explosive new class called the Grenadier, numerous offensive/defensive battleship support options, chances for a unit to have a "Last Stand" action before death, and more. Plus, fight the imperial threat with more units on larger-scale maps than ever before.
  • CANVAS Aesthetics - The series' signature hand-drawn visual style is back and overhauled for the newest generation. Inspired by watercolor compositions, the CANVAS Graphics Engine blends visual elements of reality and imagination to create an expressive world filled with colorful emotions. Watch the journey of Squad E unfold like an interactive painting!
  • The Return of a Legendary Composer - The illustrious Hitoshi Sakimoto, original composer of the Valkyria Chronicles series and countless other emotional epics, returns to provide a sweeping orchestral soundtrack for the game.

:arrow:Valkyria Chronicles 4 Official Site

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Wow, 7 years its been that long. Time passes by fast. Just wow. Last game 7 years ago doesn't feel that long ago.

Whats Valkyria Chronicles?

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second one didn't leave the series in a good place with the intro of the steroided up super soldiers, but the gameplay was great imo

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow, 7 years its been that long. Time passes by fast. Just wow. Last game 7 years ago doesn't feel that long ago.

Whats Valkyria Chronicles?

Valkyria chronicles is like a next level fire emblem

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD MY BODY ISN'T READY
also give us VC3 too thx

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wew now that my hype has died down a bit.
Only wet my pants
a lot.

Anyway. It's really cool that this game will feature the Atlantic Federation. I love that we'll be able to see more into probably the least documented side of the war. Gallia obviously has been the most delved into, and because of that we also saw into the Empire a bit. But the Atlantic Federation never really appeared much except for a brief attempt on Gallia at one point.

Super hyped to see what they have in store for the game. It looks awesome and beautiful, a real return to form for the series. I'm really hoping they do the series justice with this game, and understand exactly what made the original Valkyria Chronicles (and 3) as fantastic as it was.

Reactions: Chary

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Dear switch owners, you will probably get the most downgraded graphic and less performant FPS of all 3 versions.
i own both switch and a ps4.
and my dude you are right.

but i will see which one i will get i guess.

if the switch version is not too much downgraded (e.g fp dropping to 30, and the game looking less vibrant/sharp) i will consider getting that version over the ps4 one.
i hope it will be good on switch , 60fp and slightly downed graphics, because i would love to play it in handheld.

but if it turns out too much downgraded then i will defintely go with the ps4 version.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i own both switch and a ps4.
and my dude you are right.

but i will see which one i will get i guess.

if the switch version is not too much downgraded (e.g fp dropping to 30, and the game looking less vibrant/sharp) i will consider getting that version over the ps4 one.
i hope it will be good on switch , 60fp and slightly downed graphics, because i would love to play it in handheld.

but if it turns out too much downgraded then i will defintely go with the ps4 version.
lets not also remember cost,

but we should all know the switch will never get anything that can perform equal to XBXO/PS4 quality, even if its a basic game, the XBXO/PS4 hardware will guarantee higher resolutions, superior frame rates.

now i know the fans will love the idea of playing on the go, but id always pick playing a superior version on a large screen over an inferior version on a smaller screen.

plus so far its proven that switch games cost more than they do on the PS4/XBXO so still my argument always been paying more for an inferior product, no one would do, but as its nintendo its now ok, its covered with a BS fanboy excuse lol.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +1