Gaming VC games fail to load from SD card

Jimvr4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the wii nand is quite small I have moved a number of VC games to SD card. My understanding is that SD is simply a storage area and playing a game from SD causes the image to be copied first to nand and then executed.

So, I have left something like 600 blocks in nand to have room to play VC games stored on SD.

The issue is that some of the VC games fail to copy across to nand and the system displays a "load failed" dialog. Others work fine.

I'm using MMM to install the wads however I think they cannot be installed directly to SD. Therefore I install a couple at a time and then use the wii system tools to move them from nand to SD. I didn't verify each one after moving.

The SD card is a 32GB SDHC, I think from Sandisk. The card is working fine as I am loading N64 and SNES roms and playing them through emulators. I'm even thinking of just punting on running VC games and running those off emulators as well.

I had Super Mario64 working from SD card at one point but lately I've been working on setting up retroarch to play GBC games (the Super Mario Land 2 colorized hack looks great BTW!!). Anyway, tried to run SM64 today and it failed to load.

Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi