Hardware vita stolen, deactivated?

greenlanternx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, my psvita (last firmware) was stolen, how I know if the thief use the factory reset menu? vita disappeared of the devices menu in my account or stays there until I manually deactivate the vita?
no, I don't want deactivate it yet, because I want some retribution

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how I know if the thief use the factory reset menu?
You don't?

vita disappeared of the devices menu in my account or stays there until I manually deactivate the vita?
It disappears when it's deactivated, which can be done on the console or (with a limited number of times per year restriction) from the PSN website

It's not a lock or anything, activation means the console is licensed to use stuff purchased by that account from PSN

greenlanternx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The most you may be able to do is to get the console blocked from PSN by Sony and reporting it to the police.
can be blocked? how is the procedure?

police option is useless, they will do nothing unless I could deliver him/her wrapped as gift ¬_¬

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
can be blocked? how is the procedure?

police option is useless, they will do nothing unless I could deliver him/her wrapped as gift ¬_¬

I dont know but it may be possible since they could block the console id, similar to a console ban.

Its still worth reporting as well since if the thief is an idiot and takes it somewhere reputable it could be checked against a database, depending on the shop and where you live (Ive had to have id when selling stuff at some places for this reason).

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
well, vita is not really a thief proof device. and sony doesnt have this sort of "icloud's find my iphone" feature.
so yeah, they can just do the usual factory reset the thing and sell it or use it personally as if nothing happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass