Homebrew [W.I.P] VN3DS Visual Novel Interpreter for 3DS Homebrew

dfsa3fdvc1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Any progress with this?

Nah, I give up quickly on things. LPP (what this is based on) has a great way to test minor changes to what I wrote but I still find it tedious.
It'd be easy to do all the testing in Citra but right now Citra doesn't acurately reflect how an actual system works. I've had things be fine in Citra but crash on actual hardware.
I might finish this when the Citra emulator becomes more robust and has good sound emulation.

Last edited by dfsa3fdvc1,

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nah, I give up quickly on things. LPP (what this is based on) has a great way to test minor changes to what I wrote but I still find it tedious.
It'd be easy to do all the testing in Citra but right now Citra doesn't acurately reflect how an actual system works. I've had things be fine in Citra but crash on actual hardware.
I might finish this when the Citra emulator becomes more robust and has good sound emulation.

Why dont you try doing it with an FTP server? (Like FTPBrony). You can test things rather fast that way, almost as fast as using Citra... Anyway, is there any way I could help? I have some coding experience and I would love to see vnds working on 3ds.

dfsa3fdvc1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Why dont you try doing it with an FTP server? (Like FTPBrony). You can test things rather fast that way, almost as fast as using Citra... Anyway, is there any way I could help? I have some coding experience and I would love to see vnds working on 3ds.

That actually is the current method. Still a bit tedious. I really haven't touched my 3DS since my last post in this thread, there's far better VNDS ports on higher-res devices than the 3ds. Really I could come up with 100 different reasons why I don't feel like finishing this.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That actually is the current method. Still a bit tedious. I really haven't touched my 3DS since my last post in this thread, there's far better VNDS ports on higher-res devices than the 3ds. Really I could come up with 100 different reasons why I don't feel like finishing this.
But I don't have any higher res devices ._.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There has to be a VNDS port of the game to be compatible. There isn't a port Steins;Gate AFAIK.
Short list of notable VNDS games, Cross Channel, Ever 17, Fate Stay Night, Higurashi, Kira Kira, Narcissu 2nd, Never 7 Pain Song, Red Shift, Saya no Uta, Sharnoth, Tsukihime, True Remembrance, Umineko

I know this is late, but I want to know where is the Tsukihime vn3ds game? Is it the full port with all 5 routes?

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a full port AFAIK, but to convert tsukihime to be vnds compatible requires a copy of the game on your computer. There are conversion programs on the web which are pretty easy to find with Google. Just make sure your installation folder is somewhere that doesn't require permissions to read/write to(so putting it on the desktop temporarily would work if you're not sure about the current directory)

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a full port AFAIK, but to convert tsukihime to be vnds compatible requires a copy of the game on your computer. There are conversion programs on the web which are pretty easy to find with Google. Just make sure your installation folder is somewhere that doesn't require permissions to read/write to(so putting it on the desktop temporarily would work if you're not sure about the current directory)

yeah, i have it

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i have it
What you're gonna want to do then is search for "tsukihime vnds converter" on google or whatever your preferred search engine is. The converter program is easy enough to use, so you shouldn't need any help with that part.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you're gonna want to do then is search for "tsukihime vnds converter" on google or whatever your preferred search engine is. The converter program is easy enough to use, so you shouldn't need any help with that part.
when it's converted, where do i put that converted file in VN3DS? also, does VN3DS load everything? like music?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also, when I google search Tsukihime VNDS converter, all I get are the Android version

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't actually used this, so I'm not totally sure how to set it up, but the OP explains it iirc. As far as converting goes if it's anything like the f/sn converter it'll have options as to what you convert it to. The f/sn converter was able to output for Android and ds with the same program.

Reactions: Pokem

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish this project was continued :c
All I can do rn is running VNDS on an R4, which isn’t too bad I guess. But would still preferred a native application running on my device.
Guess we can’t always have nice things :(

razputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So glad that this is finally happening! If anyone needs pre-converted novels, message me and I'll send you the link to them, since it's not allowed to post them here.

Novels written in bold letters contain sexual content.

Ballad of and Evening Butterfly
Cross+Channel
Ever17
Fate/stay night
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Kira Kira
Narcissu Side 2nd
Niji no Kanata ni
Red Shift
Saya no Uta
True Remembrance
Tsukihime
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Wanko to Kurasou

Note: All of these novels are optimized for the Android version of VNDS, so the backgrounds and sprites are in a resolution higher than that on the 3DS, so I'm guessing some resizing is in order if you want them to work better.
im new to this website. how do i dm you. and how do i use the files. do i need a software for it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb