Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanna watch YouTube on your PSVita? Here is how you can do it

So you want to watch YouTube videos on your PSVita? Yes, you can do that, and no, you don't have to wait for Sony to release a dedicated YouTube app. All you need to do is to "exactly" follow the steps below and you'll be good to go :

Step 1 - From the PSVita's web browser, go to the following address : http://www.oretube.b...g-entry-75.html

2012-05-17-114804.jpg

Step 2 - The page will load, and you can see "PSVitaTubeDownloader", press and hold on that link till "Open" pops out, then click on "Open"

2012-05-17-115019.jpg

Step 3 - Touch the ... icon to add a bookmark, you can change the name of the new bookmark to something like "PSVita YouTube Downloader" , just don't change the address.

2012-05-17-123802.jpg

Step 4 - open a YouTube video via the web browser, through YouTube.com, ignore the warning about the lack of Flash Player and HTML5

2012-05-17-120309-1.jpg

Step 5 - Touch the heart icon to go to the saved bookmarks screen, and touch the bookmark you just saved

2012-05-17-120352.jpg

Step 6 - You'll notice the newly added "Download" option, touch the desired video resolution.

2012-05-17-120406.jpg

Step 7 - The video download screen will appear, touch the Save button to start downloading the video

2012-05-17-120455.jpg

Step 8 - Wait for the download to finish, and you can watch the video via the Videos app.

2012-05-17-120546.jpg

Step 9 - Now that you have the bookmark saved, you can repeat steps 4 - 8 in order to download more YouTube videos onto your PSVita.

masterchan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see the point of watching youtube videos on a video game console.
Don't we have enough devices that support youtube?
It looks like Sony agrees with you on this one, hence the lack of YouTube support on the PSVita, but this method is intended for others who would like to try it for whatever reason,

I personally can watch YouTube videos on more than 7 different devices, but I can't see anything wrong in trying this "free" and "easy" method of watching those videos on yet another device ..

Again, for all of you guys, if you like to give "this method" a try and discuss that, please go ahead, but if you don't, please ignore it and stop wasting the Internet storage space with your unrelated posts and complains...

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Uhh
A Youtube downloader? Seriously? You can do this on anything that doesn't support flash.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are we arguing about "OH BUT MY PHONE CAN PLAY VIDEOS" and all this crap? Some people just want to watch Youtube videos on their Vita. That's the fucking point. Hell, even if you don't want to watch them, how about downloading them, keeping a little collection in case you get bored on the go?

BUT ON TOPIC, great tutorial. Personally, I probably won't use it but that's because I'm not a big Youtube person. I watch a video now and then but otherwise I rarely use it. It's still a neat workaround and interesting, however.

Reactions: 1 person

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, to be honest, this tutorial is practically useless. -w-'''

All I did was go to YouTube's mobile site and watch videos there. No download required, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: