Hacking Warning: Breath of the Wild with 3.0.1 Update

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So its CONFIRMED that new BOTW cart games include 3.0.1

Im so happy I decided to buy my friend a copy instead of returning his cart and buying a new one!!!!! ZOMG, Nintendo ALLLLMOST had me

Reactions: BvanBart

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Linkinsoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does someone have pokken with the 3.0.0 cartridge update and is willing to share the informations at the barcode on the back? Still having mine unopened and I would like to compare if they're really the same.
Mine (EU-Germany bought 24.11.)View attachment 107375 :

Found someone on ebay to sell a cardridge from Amazon Germany bought on Oktober 3th which has the same label (see attached picture). Looks like you should be fine!

Can you please post your result - I will buy a new copy from Amazon then :)

Attachments

• ebaySerial.jpg
    ebaySerial.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 202

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought the grey switch and BOTW. The switch came one 3.0.1. Upgraded to 4.0.1. I’ll wait for a 3ds style hack within the next 2 years. Better to play games that are available than wait in hope for free games..

Blackfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Found someone on ebay to sell a cardridge from Amazon Germany bought on Oktober 3th which has the same label (see attached picture). Looks like you should be fine!

Can you please post your result - I will buy a new copy from Amazon then :)

Hey thanks for this information. I can post the result but this can take a longer time since I just wanted to be sure so I don't send it back to amazon. Idk yet when I update my switch since i'm still waiting for more progress in homebrew. When there is a good base with graphical output I will start homebrew work and with it I'm also updating my switch. Also most of the reswitched team still say lowest version possible is best...sounds like there is much more in private with older versions than they gave public.

Linkinsoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey thanks for this information. I can post the result but this can take a longer time since I just wanted to be sure so I don't send it back to amazon. Idk yet when I update my switch since i'm still waiting for more progress in homebrew. When there is a good base with graphical output I will start homebrew work and with it I'm also updating my switch. Also most of the reswitched team still say lowest version possible is best...sounds like there is much more in private with older versions than they gave public.

Good to know, so I better also stick with my 2.2.0 :)

Only reason for me to update would be if'd be able to update mario kart on my second switch so it matches the other switch without updating the system firmware - so I could play both against each other in local mode :/

Does anyone know if the local game update is introduced in 3.0. or later? Would be the only reason for me to update to 3.0.0. currently!

Last edited by Linkinsoldier,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I got my pokken dx today from a local seller.
HAC-P-BAAYA TRA-HAC-BAAYA-GEP
The game box is german but why is there GEP and not GER? Do you think it has 3.0.0+ update on it??

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
For no reason I used my pokken game and updated from 2.3.0 to 3.0.0. I don't care, it'll be hacked either way.
Bad idea. You should have stayed on 2.3.0. 3.0.0 has a battery issue, which 3.0.1 fixes (along with patching one of their biggest mistakes that makes ROhan possible).

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad idea. You should have stayed on 2.3.0. 3.0.0 has a battery issue, which 3.0.1 fixes (along with patching one of their biggest mistakes that makes ROhan possible).
Is the battery issue not present on firms below 3.0.0? I was under the impression that they only got around to fixing it at 3.0.1.

Reactions: weatMod

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is the battery issue not present on firms below 3.0.0? I was under the impression that they only got around to fixing it at 3.0.1.

With the release of Nintendo Switch's 3.0.0 update, a new bug was introduced causing some users to experience issues with the system's battery indicator, which Nintendo has now addressed. [in 3.0.1]
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/01/nintendo-switch-updated-to-fix-battery-charge-meter-bug

The issue manifests itself in a few ways. Either your system will never charge fully, the charging icon is not reflective of the total charge (meaning it looks low when it isn’t) or the icon doesn’t appear at all.
Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...ously-convoluted-seven-hour-fix/#5be5c60310fa

Last edited by DSpider,
Reactions: 8BitWonder

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this rate, I think it is best that I buy the Switch when it is at/near EOL. I am actually not looking forward to playing BotW (not a fan of sandboxes), Super Mario Odyssey looks cool, but not good enough to buy a console for, and even though Metroid Prime 4 will probably be awesome, still not enough for me at this point, to buy a new console until I know I can mod it.

"I don't buy a console unless I get to play games on it for free"

2 games nominated for GOTY, 100% desrving of it, and the console (among numerous other positive reasons), isn't "good" enough for you.

You're part of the problem.

Linkinsoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For no reason I used my pokken game and updated from 2.3.0 to 3.0.0. I don't care, it'll be hacked either way.
Which ean does your copy have (to check If the correct firmware will be on my copy)?

And can you do me a big favor and check if the option for "local game option" is available with 3.0.0 update? Select + on the game (perfect would be on Mario kart),then go to game update and the local update (or similar)
Does it say "will be available with a later system update" or can you actually select this?

Last edited by Linkinsoldier,

willy101

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm debating buying the explorer edition if I get a 3.0.1 cart, is the update forced or can I back out? i have an unopened presumably 2.3.0 switch

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm debating buying the explorer edition if I get a 3.0.1 cart, is the update forced or can I back out? i have an unopened presumably 2.3.0 switch

If the cartridge has 3.0.1 on it, and your Switch firmware is at 2.3.0, you will be required to install the update before you can play the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended