Hacking We're almost there!

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A few questions about Emunand (or its potential equivalent for Switch):
  1. Would it represent the only way to play (legit) games that require >3.0.0 firmware?
  2. Is a kernel exploit necessary to achieve it?
  3. Would we also need to decrypt the games in order to play with our (legit) cartridges?
Needless to say, we're talking about an hypothetical (and probably very distant) future. But I'm curious (i.e. anxious :rolleyes:).

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Would it represent the only way to play (legit) games that require >3.0.0 firmware?
Is a kernel exploit necessary to achieve it?
Would we also need to decrypt the games in order to play with our (legit) cartridges?

Needless to say, we're talking about an hypothetical (and probably very distant) future. But I'm curious (i.e. anxious :rolleyes:).

1. Would it represent the only way to play (legit) games that require >3.0.0 firmware?
  2. Is a kernel exploit necessary to achieve it?
  3. Would we also need to decrypt the games in order to play with our (legit) cartridges?
Repost .... :glare:

Last edited by Digital_0xFF,

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
I confess
In my defense, no one replied...
in my limited understanding, emunand would work if they somehow find a way to bypass the first check the switch does which verifies the console's version. If they crack the bootrom open I think it would hold the key to doing so. Again, this is what I managed to understand. Not 100% sure.

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I confess :shy:
In my defense, no one replied...

1: emunand would be useless unless we find a way to accept only the needed content from an update (keys etc).

2: yes would need kernel

3: this would be the alternative to getting the new keys into old fw but how should the decryption be possible without obtaining the keys first?

Tldr:no homebrew/piracy on switch will not be as easy as it was in 3ds days

Last edited by Digital_0xFF,

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah every 3.00 Switche will be gone in 1.5 months, that's really realistic....I'd say that come January 3.00 Switches will be worth $1000. We're sitting on gold mines here fellas....
I doubt anyone will pay that much for a device that still cant do anything yet ;), yes it has potential but still nothing has been made we have no homebrew launcher or emulator ports. A year or 2 down the track if nothing else firmware wise pops up who knows :P. Maybe.

Reactions: nmkd and Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah every 3.00 Switche will be gone in 1.5 months, that's really realistic....I'd say that come January 3.00 Switches will be worth $1000. We're sitting on gold mines here fellas....
VwJYTOPOSmSwE7wGzPmw_hicahklqqmmzrkzbeyxd.gif

oh your serious? :blink:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

xianbaby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot_2017-11-14_04-06-36.png

neat!!!!! Right is output from Mephisto and left is output from a real Switch (from PegaSwitch)
seems to crash to the "An error has occured" screen a lot on a real switch, and getting it to even run took like 5 attempts but I'm happy - I've been excited all day about coming home and getting userland code setup and working! look for "yeah ProcessNo: X"

Last edited by xianbaby,
D

Deleted User

View attachment 105965

neat!!!!! Right is output from Mephisto and left is output from a real Switch (from PegaSwitch)
seems to crash to the "An error has occured" screen a lot on a real switch, and getting it to even run took like 5 attempts but I'm happy - I've been excited all day about coming home and getting userland code setup and working! look for "yeah ProcessNo: X"
You should censor your Switch´s serialnumber from those pictures. Big N is watching.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

MrGarapablo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just a quick question: Brand new Switches come with a firmware lower than 3.0.0 or have already newer patches?

I'm asking it because I'm going to buy one this week and I don't know if I should choose the console or the bundle with Odyssey.

D

Deleted User

Just a quick question: Brand new Switches come with a firmware lower than 3.0.0 or have already newer patches?

I'm asking it because I'm going to buy one this week and I don't know if I should choose the console or the bundle with Odyssey.
The Mario Odyssey bundle should be 3.0.1. Not sure about the console alone.

D

Deleted User

You have a Small Tutorial? Switch stuff is Setup on my Linux System. Just no clue how the command is to execute or if more is needed. I cloned The PegaSwitch Stuff.

i had to enable runnro adrifcaster did make a tutorial in this section which has more info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/