Hacking What can we do with the key to decrypt stage 2 of the bootloader?

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Team Xecuter released this key as a proof, for 1.0.0 - 2.3.0 firmware users?

Can someone help me understand this better: Why can’t we run unsigned code if we can decrypt the bootloader?

Do we need to decrypt stage 1 as well or what exactly is the problem?

MeAndHax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Buddy, you have made 3 threads within an hour, slow down a little.
If you have a question then ask it in the noob paradise thread or whatever.
Hahahahaha Admins can move this thread; I’m Not sure if it’s in the right place

I’m bored; I want to hear some stories/thoughts of you all and stuff

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can someone help me understand this better: Why can’t we run unsigned code if we can decrypt the bootloader?

you could have asked this in the millions of threads regarding this topic bro

Reactions: wormdood

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Pics or it didn't happen.

pics...

ldsp5.jpg

what a mess... -- but it worked! :)

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted the time machine!

Sorry, i had it infront of the hypetrain trying to get it up to 88, but it fell down into the crater as the train pushed it over the bridge and broke into a million pieces of lego bricks, only got it up to 87.89 was not a enough hype power. :)

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Paiuand

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Ok here is a true story, I once saw someone open 3 threads for no reason and then asked me to tell him a story.

MeAndHax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok here is a true story, I once saw someone open 3 threads for no reason and then asked me to tell him a story.
Ok stop it

For “no reason” - excuse me? Those are question regarding the development of homebrew and they interest me quite a bit

Is it wrong to ask?

Paiuand

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Im sorry if i seem salty i just found it funny how you transitioned so quick from asking the question and then asking about stories.
If you are interested in the development of hombrew and hacking and have a lot of questions, I think the ReSwitched discord server would be a good place.

Reactions: yardie

Ethan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
guys why dont you chill a bit... on this forum when new members ask same question everyone get pissed because "oh ive seen this thread a thousand times" but when a not-so-new member asks a new question then its still not good... what the hell do you want...
if you dont want to answer questions go back to facebook and twitter, and stop browsing forums...

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use it to turn the Switch into a time machine, and go back to the glory days of GameCube modding! :)
I found a Viper GC in my modding tool kit yesterday, hadn't cracked it open for a while D:

I remember watching that team in the GC days freezing videos and switching out blanks for real games and booting and the debates that raged on of legitimacy, and then the day they booted a cracker :')

Last edited by Soluble,

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country

Presumably they have the other 3 keys. 1.0-2.3, 3.0, 3.01/3.02 and 4.0+ by looking at the switchbru site above.

If we could dual boot ignoring efuses then there's no reason we can't have an online and an offline dual nand setup.

The only question no one is asking so far is can we boot BBB's original dumps, or will we need the PROPER releases. If we need the propers, will the just be booted off an SD card as NRO's and what about download only games like snipperclips? (I'm asking for a friend)

And everybody complaining about the potential price of the mod(Not in the post but all the others), I don't know about the rest of you but I have 8 physical games worth a lot more than the cost of this will be to sell!

Last edited by Soluble,
Reactions: Kioku

Somario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It means that if I have a 2.3 fmw Switch, maybe I will not need the Xcuter mod chip or it does not change anything?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Presumably they have the other 3 keys. 1.0-2.3, 3.0, 3.01/3.02 and 4.0+ by looking at the switchbru site above.

If we could dual boot ignoring efuses then there's no reason we can't have an online and an offline dual nand setup.

The only question no one is asking so far is can we boot BBB's original dumps, or will we need the PROPER releases. If we need the propers, will the just be booted off an SD card as NRO's and what about download only games like snipperclips? (I'm asking for a friend)

And everybody complaining about the potential price of the mod(Not in the post but all the others), I don't know about the rest of you but I have 8 physical games worth a lot more than the cost of this will be to sell!
It will probably either be booting the binaries in a similar way to Loadiine on Wii U or it will make use of signature check patches and require you to install titles grabbed from NUS or generated from an installed title. Given that their exploit seems to grant full kernel and bootloader (maybe even TrustZone?) access, the latter is easier to do and will probably be the route they will go.
The dumps we have right now may be useless until a flashcart comes out (if a flashcart comes out) but without knowing more about the system I can't say if it would be possible to convert them to installable format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy I was reading your post on the lgbtq batman