Hardware What consequences could come from idling in XMB for a few days?

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to format my system and didn't have a drive big enough for a back-up. I now intend to download all my games, but would it be better to just let them download while I play stuff offline periodically or leave my system on in the XMB until all downloads are complete?

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would leave the system on XMB overnight
Ok, so I'm not gonna wake up and find my PS3 crashed from overheating or anything.

I haven't made a PS3 store purchase in over a year so I forget, do I need to stay signed in or could I sign out of PSN once the full set of downloads is queued?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm not gonna wake up and find my PS3 crashed from overheating or anything.

I haven't made a PS3 store purchase in over a year so I forget, do I need to stay signed in or could I sign out of PSN once the full set of downloads is queued?
Is your playstation 3, the fat version?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Inefficient use of electricity running a rather overengineered system day and night ;)

No cooling-related risks if the airflow is sufficient (ie in the same position with the same items surrounding it, it didn't crash while actually gaming)

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your playstation 3, the fat version?
No, slim. CECH-2501B

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Inefficient use of electricity running a rather overengineered system day and night ;)

No cooling-related risks if the airflow is sufficient (ie in the same position with the same items surrounding it, it didn't crash while actually gaming)
It's sitting atop my ps4, which is atop a table in an open space. Unless the PS4 becomes an issue, in which case I can put the systems side by side instead, ventilation shouldn't be an issue.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a couple of the downloads are done (no longer showing up in my Downloads section) but I can't see anything on my XMB for them. I am running Ferrox right now, does CFW somehow block out my legit titles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"