what games are you bad at

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sport, fightinh, fps, racing, some 2D plateformer, some action (darksouls genre), rhythmes, shootem up, simulation, well maybe all genre.

I'm good at any type of rpg/adventure/mysteries/puzzle/some action games/some plateform games.
Though, I might be bad compared to many other players, I don't play with strategy or effectiveness in mind. I just play my way.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rhythm games.

I have no rhythm in real life, none in games either. Patapon is about as good as it ever got, my times on donkey konga, guitar hero and such just no. Similar story for anything involving musical ability.

I am not an amazing card counter but I am not bad. This works well for most games based on a hidden deck. Going further if I am gambling against humans I tend to just assume any money I put in is lost/what it cost me to play the game and thus can screw around, I do however find gambling so very boring -- someone once made a "would you rather gamble for 8 hours or work for the same money for 8 hours?" type thing and I would rather work retail than gamble. Something like bridge on the other hand I have no time for and thus find myself terrible at.

I guess I have never taken the time to learn to play chess and go to a really high level. It is the sort of thing you really have to dedicate time to and most computer games have a far lower barrier to entry.

Can do fighting games, be they reaction or memory/planning based, but would much rather do almost anything else.

The DOTA/moba thing... give me a good one and I can play it but force me to have to handle all the stupid mechanics (last hitting and what have you) and my patience for it all wears too thin. There could be a good game concept in there somewhere but it ain't the way it is, and I am not entirely sure how I would do it.

I burned out on final fantasy 1-6, maybe also 7-9, clones some time during the PS2 era and have not come back since. I think I mainly just saw through it all and thus.

Things like Civilisation. If I have been playing for 5 hours I get bored with the late game, doubly so if it is obvious I am going to win. At that point if I start a brand new game I will be all focused again, and if I come back to the late game from a savestate otherwise fresh then also can handle it.

Build and rush RTS games. Give me one or the other and I am OK, combined I struggle for whatever reason. I think I overthink the former.

Everything else. Sometimes inconsistent but usually pretty good. Maybe not MVP in all matches but enough to drop the mood of someone that is. This works for me as I am not the one dropping fools like it is cool with pinpoint accuracy but will be the one frustrating your defences, ending your streaks, destroying any prep and blunting your charge.

In real life.
Snooker/pool. For all my physics training and time I have put in on a spear I am truly awful at these. Air hockey on the other hand.

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I struggle with mmorpgs sometimes. So much shit to look out for. Like raiding in FFXIV on savage bosses where you can get 1 shotted. I die plenty until I get used to the mechanics then I can do it in my sleep

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MOBAs in general. I played both DOTA 2 and,in a way smaller extent, LoL a few years ago, mostly because my old clan almost entirely switched from playing TF2 to the DOTA invitational beta because it was the hot new game around. I was already a pretty mediocre player to be honest but what put the final nail in the coffin for me were the constant changes made to the heroes, especially in DOTA 2: you'd invest several hours perfecting builds, strategies and combos just to find out that in the new update a skill was nerfed/a new counter hero was added to the game/an item you used was significantly changed, so you'd have to go back to the drawing board and spend even more time trying to re-learn everything you thought you knew. Time that, well, I honestly wanted to spend doing literally anything else.

Krikke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1 word: shooters!
elaboration: i kinda mean stuff like PUBG, COD, and so on :P i epicly suck at those types of games.

older school shooters i do like, but still suck ass at: quake 3 and UT 2004. they were so over the top it became hilarious :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.