Homebrew What happens when u dl a n3ds game from freeshop and try to play on o2ds?

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It likely won't start, and attempting to force it would result in it running incredibly slowly!
well, at least for games that actually need to be n3ds exclusive, there are some n3ds exclusive games that have no reason whatsoever to be n3ds exclusive in any shape way or form

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
and so then on to pirating it from some cia site and heading to fbi, weee...wait, crap, unless fbi has precautions too

Nope, won't work as both freeshop and fbi rely on built in system functions to install a game. You would need to extract and modify data in the cia to remove the n3ds only flag. Most likely you would also need to set APPMEMTYPE to either 2 or 3 in the header to have enough RAM to even try to run it. Then hope it doesn't do something stupid like deliberately not using any RAM below 64MB similar to how win32s would allocate memory above 512MB (and then map some real memory up that high since nobody had anything close to 512MB RAM at the time) specifically to prevent it from working in OS/2.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, won't work as both freeshop and fbi rely on built in system functions to install a game. You would need to extract and modify data in the cia to remove the n3ds only flag. Most likely you would also need to set APPMEMTYPE to either 2 or 3 in the header to have enough RAM to even try to run it. Then hope it doesn't do something stupid like deliberately not using any RAM below 64MB similar to how win32s would allocate memory above 512MB (and then map some real memory up that high since nobody had anything close to 512MB RAM at the time) specifically to prevent it from working in OS/2.
still, I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's bs some of the games they try to say are n3ds exclusive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it