Hacking What is Haxchi or CBHC? FAQs and info

ManitoCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, i have a question related to hachi/cfw. I´ve got my Wii U 8gb on 5.5.1 with a hard drive loaded with games that i load using the brasilian metod.

I would like to "update" to a cfw so that i can use dlc and other stuff.
If i follow the guide, can i still play the games i have on my hard drive or i will have to copy them all over again to the usb drive one by one like i did?

Another question, since i´m already capable to load the homebrew channel using he brasilian metod, do i need the ds game to hack the wiiu?

Can i buy the ds game if my wiiu is on 5.5.1? Will i have acess to the eshop if i dont update the console?(its been a while since i touched my wiiu so i dont know if i can acess the eshop)

Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, i have a question related to hachi/cfw. I´ve got my Wii U 8gb on 5.5.1 with a hard drive loaded with games that i load using the brasilian metod.

I would like to "update" to a cfw so that i can use dlc and other stuff.
If i follow the guide, can i still play the games i have on my hard drive or i will have to copy them all over again to the usb drive one by one like i did?

Another question, since i´m already capable to load the homebrew channel using he brasilian metod, do i need the ds game to hack the wiiu?

Can i buy the ds game if my wiiu is on 5.5.1? Will i have acess to the eshop if i dont update the console?(its been a while since i touched my wiiu so i dont know if i can acess the eshop)

Thanks.

you'll have to use nnu patcher to access the eshop. and, all games you bought will work normally on cfw. I've personally bought 76 games digitally, and I've never had a problem with any of them on cfw.

Reactions: ManitoCC

ManitoCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you'll have to use nnu patcher to access the eshop. and, all games you bought will work normally on cfw. I've personally bought 76 games digitally, and I've never had a problem with any of them on cfw.

And how about the games i have on the hard drive, those are not "legit".
If i jump to cfw, will the games remain on the usb drive and will they still work? Remembering that those games are not legit.
Thanks again.
P.S. Can you point me a tuturial for noobs about that nnu patcher, dont know what that is.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how about the games i have on the hard drive, those are not "legit".
If i jump to cfw, will the games remain on the usb drive and will they still work? Remembering that those games are not legit.
Thanks again.
P.S. Can you point me a tuturial for noobs about that nnu patcher, dont know what that is.

legit or not legit - it doesn't matter. both will remain on the hdd. they'll both still work as well. nnu patcher is simple. launch it, it will take you back to the home menu, then enter the eshop.

Aozz2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, i've decided to tried a different CFW, when i uninstall CHBC the icon still said "don't touch me". (after reset too). is it safe to remove it now, after uninstalling CHBC?
although, after uninstalling, it's not doing the auto boot with CHBC. but i wanted to ask first. and have not screwed my wii u.

Last edited by Aozz2,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, i've decided to tried a different CFW, when i uninstall CHBC the icon still said "don't touch me". (after reset too). is it safe to remove it now, after uninstalling CHBC?
although, after uninstalling, it's not doing the auto boot with CHBC. but i wanted to ask first. and have not screwed my wii u.

if it no longer says autobooting, it's safe to delete. I did this myself with yoshi's island ds. I wanted the game back since I was in the last stage. I uninstalled cbhc, deleted the game, redownloaded the game, and downloaded brain age to use as my cbhc title instead.

Reactions: Aozz2

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, there's no difference.
that's the same program and firmware patcher.

one is launched manually by you, the other is launched manually by the console.... just for lazy people not wanting to click a button themselves.

cashonly

Trophies
XP
Country
i am refering to the fact that, if nintendo detects that i have a moded console, do they ban the console?

Last edited by cashonly,

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what the dealio is. Wii U has haxchi installed. Everything has been fine for months. I'm never connected online, and I recently tried having haxchi bootup the homebrew launcher. (by holding a) and it brings it to the white screen with the "Wii U Menu" text and plays that wii u homescreen music and just never progresses. I have to hard reboot the system to get out of there.
What happened or why won't the homebrew launcher start?? Nothing changed as far as I can tell. I can use haxchi to signature patch and run games already installed from earlier times. I just can't get homebrew launcher to start. (I don't have the channel itself loaded and just use haxchi button press to get there normally, to avoid having kids do something on accident)

Binh Nguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone help me pls, when i boot in haxchi ds, then it black screen and can't enter hbl or patch sysnand :(, my wiiu was JP region and i installed haxchi to PKM Ranger Guardian Sign JP

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
anyone help me pls, when i boot in haxchi ds, then it black screen and can't enter hbl or patch sysnand :(, my wiiu was JP region and i installed haxchi to PKM Ranger Guardian Sign JP
First time I've tried haxchi I had a problem like yours, and all I had to do was remove my SD card and blow the SD card socket/slot and restart the process. My friend had to do it either.

Binh Nguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First time I've tried haxchi I had a problem like yours, and all I had to do was remove my SD card and blow the SD card socket/slot and restart the process. My friend had to do it either.
"restart the process" you mean install ds vitual console again or just run haxchi again, tks for reply me ^^

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it's a SD card issue, it should give an error number (-3, -5, etc.)
if you have only a black screen, you can try to clean the SD card's contact, but I don't know if it will help.

If you want to reinstall haxchi, you can reinstall it over the existing one, or you can delete the channel and re-download the game from Eshop before reinstalling haxchi.

I don't know if PKM has different version, but Kawashima had two versions and the old one doesn't work, you need to delete/redownload it from eshop.
I think only kawashima has this problem.
start by cleaning/using another SD card, then try reinstalling haxchi, then try re-downloading (in that order).

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"restart the process" you mean install ds vitual console again or just run haxchi again, tks for reply me ^^
Run the HBL/Haxchi
My problem was when I tried for the first time run the web browser exploit to access the HBL. When it tried to boot the HBL, the screen went black screen with an error text and blowing the SD slot solved my problem

Binh Nguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if it's a SD card issue, it should give an error number (-3, -5, etc.)
if you have only a black screen, you can try to clean the SD card's contact, but I don't know if it will help.

If you want to reinstall haxchi, you can reinstall it over the existing one, or you can delete the channel and re-download the game from Eshop before reinstalling haxchi.

I don't know if PKM has different version, but Kawashima had two versions and the old one doesn't work, you need to delete/redownload it from eshop.
I think only kawashima has this problem.
start by cleaning/using another SD card, then try reinstalling haxchi, then try re-downloading (in that order).
i will try, i followed this guide on wiiu.guide and don't see mention that error, by the way, thanks ^^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Run the HBL/Haxchi
My problem was when I tried for the first time run the web browser exploit to access the HBL. When it tried to boot the HBL, the screen went black screen with an error text and blowing the SD slot solved my problem
thank you, if i have problem, can't i answer you? ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended