What is the worst tasting food you've ever eaten?

• Thread starter Deleted-394630
  • Start date
  • Views 11,400
  • Replies 173
D

Deleted-394630

OP
Vegemite.
Vegemiteontoast_large.jpg
I'll pass.

TF_Slayar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greens, definitely. I understand that they're supposed to be eaten with other foods (corn bread) but shit, the bitterness of them ruins everything in your mouth.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think the absolute worst tasting food I have ever eaten is day old mackerel in tomato sauce from a tin that has been left opened in the fridge. It literally tastes worse than cod liver oil and the taste made me gag as a kid when I was forced to eat it. Tastes great with some mayo when it's just been opened, but turns really bad really fast. It doesn't go bad in the literal sense it just tastes awful.
I can't recall any other food making me gag.

In second place is chicken feet. It's not that the taste is so bad it makes you gag or anything like that, the taste on its own isn't actually that terrible. But it's really bland and it's all skin (and not the tasty kind) and fat (or cartilage?) with tiny little fish bone sized bones inside. i can't understand why people in Asia enjoy eating it, it must have been the most bland part of any animal I have ever eaten and the texture was what really put me off.
To put things into perspective, I am a person who will eat almost anything and find it at least mildly enjoyable but I got no enjoyment out of that at all.
I've even eaten Durian and it wasn't bad. Not great, but not bad. It was fried though, I don't think i could get myself to eat it raw especially as the smell would be far stronger.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The soap is cilantro. You hate cilantro. My wife says the same thing about it. I don't taste it as soap though. Some have sensitive pallets.

It's genetic people who say cilantro tastes like soap do not have a specific enzyme in the saliva. It's a different gene but the same reason with people who don't like dry wines because they taste like dirt :( again an enzyme in the saliva.

For me the worst thing I have tasted was probably a burger made by my ex wife... (my 1st one 2nd one is doing fine) she took a frozen burger and threw it in a frying pan on the highest setting... burnt to a crisp so bad I had to bend it down to manage to take a bite off of it. The upsetting part to me was she asked me how to cook it... I told her the proper way "If your cooking from frozen it's going to take a few extra minutes because you have to lower the temperature to allow the insides to thaw." but my words of wisdom fell on deaf ears lol

Before that when I was like 4 I got a green (well spots of green) on a fish sandwich from that place that has a clown... It tasted pretty fucking bad. I remember my mom being proud of me for complaining about it (I don't usually complain about things so if I do complain I am usually down playing it) mold on a frozen fish patty that got deep fried... How a human could have cooked and served that I will never understand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn