Hacking What Kart for a DS lite in 2017(Pokemon)? Legit UK Sellers?

Ninbrew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a r4 clone that does not work for pokemon. I need a kart that works for most games and i can find cheap and ships to the UK.

There are so many posts with conflicting answers. In 2017 is there a front runner that is updated to play most games.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo will play it without patching, but if you use the AP patches on their respective ROMs, you can play them on your R4.

Ninbrew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo will play it without patching, but if you use the AP patches on their respective ROMs, you can play them on your R4.
The DS is too expensive. Is there anything more budget that will get the job done? I do not mind forgoing the ability to play gba games.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Will it work on a lite? Also where can i get one from in the uk that is trusted?
Everything (slot-1) will work on an original DS or Lite

It would probably be hard to find a local source due to importers having been arrested for selling "R4 cards", and in general the small importers sell the absolute cheapest junk like r4isdhc.com's...

If 2 GB are enough for you, I would buy an original R4 - dirt cheap, unbrickable, and autobooting; if you want the option of more storage (Pokemon gen 5 games are a half GB untrimmed each) or the ability to reuse the card on DSi/unmodded 3DS, consider an R4i Gold - more specifically the yellow-packaging, black and green sticker model by r4ids.cn

Reactions: Ninbrew

Ninbrew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where would i buy these cards? The Original or the R4I. I have looked around the web and i do not know where is legit.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Where would i buy these cards? The Original or the R4I. I have looked around the web and i do not know where is legit.
nds-card.com has excellent reputation (personally experienced twice) and supports gbatemp - of course, free or $2 shipping from China means some weeks of waiting :)

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS is too expensive. Is there anything more budget that will get the job done? I do not mind forgoing the ability to play gba games.
Any DS flash cart will work. Your R4 can play the Pokemon games, you just need to patch the ROMs first. For example, attached is the AP patches for Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

Attachments

• Pokemon-BW2-Anti-Piracy-Patch.rar
    119.9 KB · Views: 212

Ninbrew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any DS flash cart will work. Your R4 can play the Pokemon games, you just need to patch the ROMs first. For example, attached is the AP patches for Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.
How do i use this? Also Yughoh 5 did not work either

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a r4 clone that does not work for pokemon. I need a kart that works for most games and i can find cheap and ships to the UK.

There are so many posts with conflicting answers. In 2017 is there a front runner that is updated to play most games.
R4i gold 3ds plus is your choice, as for the seller, maybe google site ships from UK or EU?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs