What phone do you own?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I mean, she has a point, the 3GS as a smartphone nowadays is mostly useless since it's really limited by Apple's locked down system (No custom ROMs plus lack of active support for jailbreak tweaks) and its hardware (single core Cortex-A8, just 256MB of RAM and 32GB max. storage space in its best/premium model), it can't even be used to browse the internet properly, plus all unpatched bugs and security issues. I guess that the oldest usable phone is something with a Moto G (2013) performance. Pre-2012 smartphones didn't age as well as their desktop/laptop counterparts.

Although if she refuses something newer and usable because "mah iPhone", I would agree on your spoiled statement.
I mean, you can use it to make phone calls, send texts, listen to music and watch videos on it. As a basic phone it isn't bad.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean, you can use it to make phone calls, send texts, listen to music and watch videos on it. As a basic phone it isn't bad.
Yeah, as a basic phone it works fine, as a smartphone, not so much. :P

Also storage space kinda sucks if you have a crapton of music like me (Currently sitting at 15GB).

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first phone was A Samsung intensity 3 that I got as a gift when I was going into the 5 grade and still have it and it still works

My second phone was an iPhone 5c 8gb white that I got in 6th grade I cracked it 4 times and my dad got it replaced all four times and it still works and has a functional screen

My third phone was an LG Extravert 2 that I got in 7th grade and a lost it in North Carolina and I'm going back this summer (like a few weeks) and I hope to find it even though it won't work.

Then I went back to my iPhone until December until I got a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in December of 2016 when I was in 8th grade and lost it in very early January because of "An incident" and didn't get it back until late March and I haven't gotten it taken away (yet) Since.

Now theoretically I've had a phone for all four years of middle school but my only upgrade was my s7 because my dad paid to get out of the Intensity 3 early and 12/20/16 was my upgrade date so yea that's how it happened

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first phone was the lg volt 2 from boost. I just got a 2nd phone from metro pcs which is called the zte zmax pro which is a power house b/c it was only 30$ and has a 1.5ghz octo core processor with a 1080p display and a finger scanner.

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My niece has an iPhone SE and it's just so small, imo. It's overpriced and a considerably tiny screen compared to other phones out there.

Well, I'm going to Boost Mobile and apparently if I switch from MetroPCS (My Current Provider) to Them, I can get an SE for $110 + My First Bill. Plus I'm jelly of iOS getting ALL of the good apps (and I want to be able to take good pictures with Pokemon Go)

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Went from a Samsung Galaxy Ace to a S3 Neo and then to a P9 lite. And today my sister surprised me with a P10 lite.

Guess I have to change phones again.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh boy, I had many, even before I was 10.

Here's the list about phones I vaguely remember:

Sendo S230
Nokia 5110
Nokia 3310
Philips 330 (this phone was the shit)
Siemens MC60
Motorola C140
Nokia 6230i
Nokia Xpress Music 5200
ZTE F880
Samsung Star Mini
iPhone 3GS
HTC Tattoo
HTC Wildfire S
Wiko Lenny
Samsung E1086
Samsung Galaxy Mini 2
Vodafone Smart 4
Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 (currently)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction