Gaming What Triggers Streetpass?

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I understand it uses Ad-Hoc point-to-point technology so we don't have to let our 3DS connect to the internet in order to Streetpass

But obviously we need to meet certain conditions, so, I wanna ask the necessary conditions of the following factors to allow Streetpass:

3DS Internet (Confirmed, not a must to be connected)
3DS Wifi (Must be switched to ON?)
3DS Power (Must be ON?)
3DS Lid (Must be CLOSED?)

Thank you

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Streetpass is active if the console is on (sleep mode or not doesn't really matter) in an area where there are no internet connections available (out of the 3 stored on the system). As soon as it fails to find an internet connection, it switches to Streepass automatically (you will see at the top where it shows what mode it's in that it will turn green and read Streetpass). To connect to other devices, the system sends a signal every few seconds to detect other systems and when it finds one, it follows up with the Streetpass info needed to register a "hit" for all the games/apps/etc. you have set it to do.

By the way, what do you mean by "3DS Internet" in your post? ALL wireless communications are bundled together on the 3DS just like it was on NDS, so it's one antenna that switches through modes based on conditions. When you turn on the "wifi", you are toggling all wireless functions, so no need to treat them separately.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I understand it uses Ad-Hoc point-to-point technology so we don't have to let our 3DS connect to the internet in order to Streetpass

But obviously we need to meet certain conditions, so, I wanna ask the necessary conditions of the following factors to allow Streetpass:

1. 3DS Internet (Confirmed, not a must to be connected)
2. 3DS Wifi (Must be switched to ON?)
3. 3DS Power (Must be ON?)
4. 3DS Lid (Must be CLOSED?)

Thank you

1. No
2. Yes (wireless communications)
3. Yes
4. Yes, I think

Reactions: R4ismychildhood

Xosei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myanimelist.net
XP
Country
United States
Street pass triggered for me when I usually go to bed and cut off my with there be kids that be going to high school and other adults with it so it hits from time to time... Mii plaza wants your money tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended