What was the WORST Christmas gift you've ever gotten?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing.

I do not expect to receive gifts, nor do I ask for anything. If I get a present, of any kind, subjectively good or bad, I will always be thankful and appreciate.

But since we're talking about the worst gift ever received, I'd say that a box of rotten chocolates was a pretty bad one. That's what happens when gift boxes are under the tree, near a heater.

Reactions: x65943

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you wanted her to buy you diamond earrings?

Rookie mistake, if you're going to try to buy someone with expensive gifts then don't expect them to try to buy you in return.

Oh don't get me wrong. I didn't expect the same thing in return money-wise, but I expected something that was more useful than crap I already had. If I would have gotten a gift certificate for a $30 gas fill up I would have been happier. I have plenty of underwear, undershirts, and socks in good condition too.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argyle socks, when I was 8 or 9yo, in a gift exchange at church. I had bought my exchange person this cool ping-pong ball gun. I got nasty socks.

I can't believe someone here complained about the color of iphone they got as a gift. I mean, once you put a case on it nobody knows what color your iphone is anyway.

edit: now he says it's satire? smh, this place.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My birthday is close to christmas, so I am unsure if this was meant to be a late birthday present or christmas present. I got computer parts which supposedly totaled to $1000.

They were bought by my brother (because everyone else in my family isn't stupid enough to buy computer parts as a gift, smart enough to even know what to pick out, and rich enough to spend $1000 on a bloody gift). As a precursor, my brother uses these kinds of gifts to gain control over others because he's a bitch beta who is always trying underhanded ways of having something on people to stroke his poor ego. Everytime this guy is around he is trying to "teach" people some random bullshit nobody cares about. Yes he's fat, has a $15000 computer, and drives a BMW. Incel af.

Anyway, IIRC the parts were:
Some AMD Ryzen CPU (didn't see which model)
An AMD RX 500 GPU
A new motherboard (some tacky, RGB shit)
Samsung NVME SSD
A 4TB Seagate NAS HDD
Some tacky-assed RGB mechanical keyboard with cherry reds

So why reject them?

For one, who the fuck buys someone computer parts as a birthday/holiday gift?

Two months prior, my brother gave me an HDD as well as "customized" my computer case so I can fit my cables. He basically horribly removed the HDD rack. A 3TB Seagate Barracuda. I transferred 2TB worth of files to it which I had amassed over the last 15 years as my 2TB Western Digital HDD drive was dying off. One months later, this 3TB dies. All my files lost. My high school and family photos, my resumes, all projects, all artwork, all games and music. Gone. He tells me he knew. I'm still extremely pissed off about this so i'll just leave it at that.

Evidently, the 2TB was still under Western Digital's beautiful 5-year warranty so it was replaced with a brand new one.

He apparently bought them at a Microcenter in Boston, so he drove all the way back there to return them. I will buy my own damn upgrade with parts I picked out myself.

My mom gave me some clothes from Old Navy that fit snugly and a wallet. They're great. I had a lot of pants with holes and my purse was 10 years old. This is how you gift people. I don't ask for anything but this happens anyway for whatever reason.

Last edited by Pluupy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?