Homebrew Question What would be the ideal coding language to make homebrew apps when the Switch gets hacked?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Said it previously but i think this thread stopped being serious a while ago ^^
It was never serious. Any developer will simply use whatever language he thinks is best for the task at hand. Anything else is simply putting philosophy over utility, and leads to nasty legacy code that doesn't work that well and can only be contributed to by the few people who know that language.

Also, Java is shit. It used to be decent, but it has major performance issues and Oracle has let it rot while they focus on suing everyone that Sun provided Java to for free.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It was never serious. Any developer will simply use whatever language he thinks is best for the task at hand. Anything else is simply putting philosophy over utility, and leads to nasty legacy code that doesn't work that well and can only be contributed to by the few people who know that language.

Also, Java is shit. It used to be decent, but it has major performance issues and Oracle has let it rot while they focus on suing everyone that Sun provided Java to for free.
The thread ask what are the best language for switch homebrew not in generall so there is only 2 good answeres
C and C++

Reactions: Technicmaster0

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And anyone who does any hacking on Nintendo consoles would never have asked that question.
I didn't asked anything, not my thread
Just answered

and the guy don't want to hack it, he want to know what are the best language to learn to be able to do homebrews on the console once it is hacked

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

TrumpScript is the greatest language ever created. Everybody loves it. It's gonna be yuge.

https://github.com/samshadwell/TrumpScript
I didn't knew it, you made my day :rofl2:

megamanxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
0s and 1s well optimized :D

On the other hand, it would be great to implement a Webview on Switch to run HTML5 apps and take advantage of the magic and superportability of javascript ... this would allow, for example, running games made with Phaser framework...

Last edited by megamanxx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended