United States
090720-download-a-car.jpg
Always been my thought. XD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
download-a-bear.png

I pirate quite a lot in general to be fair but I have always payed for console games , I really can't afford games at the prices they come out especially on handhelds, so I usually pirate these , unless I really want to play it when it comes out, then I will pre-order it :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When is it ok? When the said game you are pirating has DRM.
...how does that in any way entitle you to pirate a game? You're still getting the fruits someone's hard work for free despite not being entitled to have them. Your argument falls flat when you consider the fact that you could just buy the game and remove DRM like you would with a pirated copy.

Reactions: Gahars

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
lol you've just opened up a pandora's box full of shitstorm.
Not really sh*tstorms, no. All I said was "it's never okay", whoever thinks otherwise is just delusional and tries to find solace in thinking that his or her actions are justifiable self-defence againts bad publishing practices, high prices, short campaigns or whatnot, none of which entitle you to get media for free.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

joelv6

Neku
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant beleive this thread is still open lol or even dead for that matter

back to the topic
well ill say that i like to support the company that made the game and the publisher because i want more games that are awesome quality to come out. for example, tales of graces f and tales of the abyss got you would say "good sales" so nw namcobandai is bringing tales of xillia first day special edition so yeah
my point is if you pirate then say bye bye to future good titles and say hello to cash in titles lol

I think my point across lol

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i cant beleive this thread is still open lol or even dead for that matter

back to the topic
well ill say that i like to support the company that made the game and the publisher because i want more games that are awesome quality to come out. for example, tales of graces f and tales of the abyss got you would say "good sales" so nw namcobandai is bringing tales of xillia first day special edition so yeah
my point is if you pirate then say bye bye to future good titles and say hello to cash in titles lol

I think my point across lol
Pretty much. Companies make video games to make money on them - if they don't make money on them, they cut corners, make shorter, lesser quality games or invent idiotic ways to protect their interest (one of those ways was supposed to be DRM and we all know how that turned out).

Reactions: joelv6

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
...how does that in any way entitle you to pirate a game? You're still getting the fruits someone's hard work for free despite not being entitled to have them. Your argument falls flat when you consider the fact that you could just buy the game and remove DRM like you would with a pirated copy.
Except buying the game and then downloading a pirated copy is still considered pirating, as far as the law is concerned.

So what firegrey said still holds water with your opinion.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I misread your post to say that you were talking about downloading an already DRM-less pirated copy after purchasing. My mistake. :shy:

I personally don't download PC games....anymore, not after I had a nice long discussion with my parents about doing that. But I do purchase games and circumvent the DRM. Illegal even though not piracy, sure, but do I care? No.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Except buying the game and then downloading a pirated copy is still considered pirating, as far as the law is concerned.
I always found this american law very odd. In a analogy, it's like saying printing a copy of a book you own is illegal but handcopying it is legal.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I always found this american law very odd. In a analogy, it's like saying printing a copy of a book you own is illegal but handcopying it is legal.
That's not legal either since you're producing a second one. Cracking a game is just editing your first copy.

Filipe C Bello dos Santos

Real pirates don't buy fake copies.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
download-a-bear.png

I pirate quite a lot in general to be fair but I have always payed for console games , I really can't afford games at the prices they come out especially on handhelds, so I usually pirate these , unless I really want to play it when it comes out, then I will pre-order it :)

I would, bears are awesome!

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg yes... The information is flowing into me.

I am so thankful for all this information

You guys seriously are a dense mass of minerals

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    both of which work well in potplayer
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow