Homebrew Where can I find a list of emulators for 3DS?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed a few days ago that there was a picodrive emulator released for 3DS that works well, so I'm curious if there is more I can find and where. Please list stand alone emulators only, not ones related to retroarch.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

senkunmusashi

@!#?@!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles

Agreed, almost all are by @bubble2k16 :

Snes9x for 3ds
VirtuaNES for 3ds
TemperPCE for 3ds
Picodrive for 3ds

They're rock solid, runs full speed even on O2/3ds, and all share a stylish look and feel plus excellent gui.

Just wishing he'll port over more emus and add to this outstanding series.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget about ScummVM for 3DS.

That one works great as well (on all 3DS models) and without compromised features.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
gameyob 3DS has terrible sound emulation, the DSi version is the best version since its the DS original only running on DSi mode, which has a bunch of perks, it comes included with TWLoader, also, mGBA is also a very good GB and GBC emulator, its accurate as hell, supports SGB and GBC enchanced modes and even has support for emulating the gameboy camera, only problem is compatibility, some games have trouble running, but thats getting fixed (a bunch of games including bionic commando elite forces crashed after a bit of gameplay, but that bug was recently squashed)

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
lol so I can use mgba to run normal gb and gbc games?? I didn't know that
its extremely accurate since its LLE emulation just like the GBA emulation its made for, after all, the GBA had an entire GBC in it, so it makes sense for LLE emulation to have it, its still has problems regarding GBC games but SGB and GB games work pretty much perfectly

D

Deleted User

gameyob 3DS and MGBA are dissapointing

hopefully @bubble2k16 who ported those other 4 emus can port a gbc emulator over I still can't believe there is no full speed GBC emulator on the 3DS yet

Last edited by ,
Reactions: SLiV3R

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
gameyob 3DS and MGBA are dissapointing

hopefully @bubble2k16 who ported those other 4 emus can port a gbc emulator over I still can't believe there is no full speed GBC emulator on the 3DS yet
gameyob 3DS is a mess, but you can always use the DSi version.
as for mGBA, if you are using it without a BIOS file then you are using it wrong

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GB/C has next to no bios, its just the startup screen.

Never tried mGBA running GBC on o3DS, maybe that is what is being referred to?

Anyway there are always VC injects if other options fail.

D

Deleted User

gameyob 3DS is a mess, but you can always use the DSi version.
as for mGBA, if you are using it without a BIOS file then you are using it wrong
The emulation of the DSI version of gameyob is great but it doesn't use the full resolution of the 3DS and looks awful on 3ds xl, mGBA is designed around new 3ds and runs terriably on o3ds even with the bios. The o3ds needs some love in the GBC department, @bubble2k16 put some love and care into the old 3ds specifically for his 4 emulators and figured out how to utilize the o3ds's multiple cores to achieve full speed to my basic understanding.

GB/C has next to no bios, its just the startup screen.

Never tried mGBA running GBC on o3DS, maybe that is what is being referred to?

Anyway there are always VC injects if other options fail.

VC injects don't let me customize my controls, playing any type of platformer on VC GBC/GBA is so uncomfortable

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

I'd also like to bring up the various Retroarch cores for the 3DS. While they're not my first choice when picking out an emulator for a system, they're the only way to emulate some systems like the Neo Geo, CPS1, CPS2, etc. For the most part, they work well, and have features like custom control setups and cheats. They do tend to be a bit buggy at times, however.

There's also a Retroarch core for PCSX-ReArmed, however, none of the games I've tested (Megaman X4, Vib-Ribbon, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) run at full speed, though sometimes they come close. This makes the emulator really only acceptable for non-reaction-based games, or games that don't really rely on timing of inputs. But, then again, you'd probably be better off playing such games at full speed on a phone with touch controls, anyways.

You also have the option of just using your 3DS as a controller for your phone using the 3DS port of NDS-Controller. I haven't had much luck in setting it up, though. There's also edpJoy, but it's also rather buggy, in addition to having an English translation that's less than stellar. It also needs root access for a few features.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
How well does emulating older systems in general work on an OG 3DS XL? I don't want to bother if most things suffer slowdown. I'm also not interested in anything too modern, primarily GBA/SNES/Mega Drive and MAME (titles such as TMNT).

I do have a New 3DS XL also but don't really want to risk putting CFW on that yet. I have E-shop purchased and such I dont want to risk.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How well does emulating older systems in general work on an OG 3DS XL? I don't want to bother if most things suffer slowdown. I'm also not interested in anything too modern, primarily GBA/SNES/Mega Drive and MAME (titles such as TMNT).

I do have a New 3DS XL also but don't really want to risk putting CFW on that yet. I have E-shop purchased and such I dont want to risk.
SNES and megadrive run very well in old 3DS, but dont expect intensive games like starfox or sega CD games to run well without a new 3DS system, same for GBA, you can use injects and use native hardware though, or use GPSP which is not super accurate but it gets the job done

Reactions: spectral

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
SNES and megadrive run very well in old 3DS, but dont expect intensive games like starfox or sega CD games to run well without a new 3DS system, same for GBA, you can use injects and use native hardware though, or use GPSP which is not super accurate but it gets the job done

Thanks, I'll give Snes and MD a go later. Not sure how to do the GBA injects but I'll look into it. I'll be using my PC or Wii U more often than not anyway, but having something portable would be nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1