Which 2ds to buy!?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ivaaan_015, Jan 14, 2018 at 1:58 AM.

1. ivaaan_015
    OP

ivaaan_015 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sunday
    United States
    Hello everyone! I want to buy a 2ds in order to install cfw on it without a flashcart, is there any 2ds I can buy that will for sure have a system version low enough to hack without using a flashcart? Thank you for your help!

2. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    No. The oldest one there exists is the Mario kart bundle that comes on 11.4. why waste $70 when you can waste $10

3. Paperjin

Paperjin Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2017
    United States
    I would just buy the one you want and buy a flash cart. they are very inexpensive.

Edit: Honestly, the ntr boot method is ALOT easier to get done compared to other methods once you factor in what you're buying. plus you get the 2ds that you actually want.

4. Xepherous

Xepherous Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I got the 2DS XL and have ordered my flashcart. CFW via flashcart is very easy so I'm excited to do it! (Will be writing my experience on here)

5. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    There's a Pikachu New 2DS XL edition coming out later this month.

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2013
    Easy answer. Dont buy cheap ass 2ds. Buy a 3ds either standard new one or xl one.
    Quality of materials and manufacture is way above the 2ds line.

7. Xepherous

Xepherous Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Adding to this, if you don't anticipate using the 3D - get the 2DS XL. It is the same as the 3DS XL without the 3D capability (AFAIK)!

8. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    No. Its a lesser console in all aspects.

9. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    I think he means the "new" 2DS XL
    it's of lower build quality speaker are facing your palms and cameras are in the bottom half instead of in the lid.
    other than that it has the same power as a new 3ds, just cheaper. I upgrade my old 3ds to one and I'm very satisfied. it has good colors despite being a TN panel.

Xepherous likes this.
  10. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    New one is even worse than the olds. It feels like itll turn to dust when opening

11. Xepherous

Xepherous Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Sorry - build quality of the new 2DS XL is different however what I meant was internal specs are all just as powerful. For that reason I don't see why you would buy a 3DS XL (of course unless you want the 3D features).
    Spending an extra ~£50 for build quality isn't what I'd do personally though - my 2DS XL feels fine for me, does the job

GizmoTheGreen likes this.