Android Which phone has the best version of Android?

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I'm /this/ close to switching from iPhone to Android. I have Android tablets. I've had Samsung and now a shield k1. The thing about Droid is, each manufacturer seems to have their own "version" of Android. They add stuff in and release a new version far behind the stock Android os. I looked into this a while back and that's how I chose nvidias tablet. It still gets updates and I'm on nougat now. Currently, I'm looking at the pixel 2, but I'm not sure. I like Samsung for the microsd card, but all the bloatware is insane and it does not get updates often. What is a good current Android phone? I like iPhone and have had one since the 3g, but I notice this pattern of the os updating and leaving devices behind making you upgrade your phone. I'm ready to get off the boat and I'm open to suggestions on a good current Android phone. Thanks!

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to be a tough choice.

If you want vanilla android, Motorola high gamma provides you with almost stock android, as well as every google phone.

Samsung its stock-ish android with Touch Wiz framework, aka the launcher, the settings displays and some icons modified.

If you are worried about the bloatware, pick a phone that can be rooted [Any Samsung on the high gamma can be done], so yeah...

You can also Hide/Freeze the apps using software, which is not hard, so the choice is yours ;D

Also, whats your budget on a new Phone?

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm familiar with rooting. Definitely do it again. I did that with my Galaxy tab 2. I tried freezing apps. I ended up installing a rom that was stock, but stripped of all bloatware. It was slick. I'd look in to doing that with whatever phone I'd end up with. That's what I like about the iPhone. It runs great......if your hardware is current. I'm looking to spend about $300-500.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xperia x performance gonna get oreo (android 8.0 ) soon . its the phone i got after my z3 . http://www.dx.com/p/sony-xperia-x-performance-f8132-dual-sim-64gb-rom-black-852442292
With a total respect, none of the xperia devices comes with NOTHING NEAR stock android, the interface is UGLY, so many modifications to the Framework-UI.

If your priority is a Stock-Vanilla device, go with Google Pixel, it also guarantee your device will get who knows how many years of updates, google keeps updating several of his HELLA OLD devices, which is neat.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pixel for stock
Motorola for cheaper
Huawei for like an iPhone but cheaper
iPhone for iPhone
Samsung for some nice modifications but way to much bloat
Lenovo for bloat

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With a total respect, none of the xperia devices comes with NOTHING NEAR stock android, the interface is UGLY, so many modifications to the Framework-UI.

If your priority is a Stock-Vanilla device, go with Google Pixel, it also guarantee your device will get who knows how many years of updates, google keeps updating several of his HELLA OLD devices, which is neat.
lol ok well thats your opinion xD still love that phone and i think it look awesome , i dont see any problem with the interface . i like the way they put things . they dont give full freedom thats for sure , no RAW and if you unclock the bootloader you loose the DRM thingy . but honestly none of those thing are really bothering that much , iv seen way worse on htc and samsung phone just name a few . of course if you want the cleanest go with the google official line , theres no question to ask here .

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all, for the input. The pixel was the first phone I looked at and I really like it. How long do you think the original pixel will be supported? Also, the pixel 2 doesn’t seem to support att yet. I probably should’ve mentioned that. I want to stay with att. I’ll look at Motorola and Xperia. How are the LG phones? I’ll have to go a mobility store to try these.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
The pixel was the first phone I looked at and I really like it. How long do you think the original pixel will be supported?
That's been officially addressed by Google. ;)

Screenshot_20171025-162341.png

Reactions: slaphappygamer
D

Deleted-379826

Honestly, I don't think you need to go for the pixel 2. And on any phone you get, as long as there's support, you can flash any custom android or stock rom or anything onto it.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those look nice! I really like the micro sd slot and the offering of “a pure android phone”. I’ll have to check out some reviews.
Grab the international version, most of them have Micro sd and Double Sim, but yeah, i personally like the MIUI Design, however, once you try it, there are several flaws on it, mostly Chinese, i really don't know about the Android One Program on the A1, so cant comment on that one, other than the Chinese issues, everything on those phones are great, including the price.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Grab the international version, most of them have Micro sd and Double Sim, but yeah, i personally like the MIUI Design, however, once you try it, there are several flaws on it, mostly Chinese, i really don't know about the Android One Program on the A1, so cant comment on that one, other than the Chinese issues, everything on those phones are great, including the price.
I have a redmi note 3 and I don't know anything about those chinese issues. maybe it's on the chinese rom which only have chinese + english. on the global rom with every language, there is nothing chinese.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a redmi note 3 and I don't know anything about those chinese issues. maybe it's on the chinese rom which only have chinese + english. on the global rom with every language, there is nothing chinese.
a friend of mine have the global red mi 3, and i saw several not so good translation on the device, however, it was an old update of MIUI, don't know if MIUI8/9 fixed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead