Hardware Which PSP Should I Get?

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
after bought a 3ds xl I found my pspgo now is incredibly small... I cannot believe how I played psp games without breaking my eyes. looks like I will buy a used psp 3000. at what price I should get? should I keep or sell my psp go?

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
after bought a 3ds xl I found my pspgo now is incredibly small... I cannot believe how I played psp games without breaking my eyes. looks like I will buy a used psp 3000. at what price I should get? should I keep or sell my psp go?
It wouldn't surprise me if psp go gets all the fame like the game boy micro does for its size

I would definitely keep it, it is after all a nice unit.

Reactions: eriol33

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
huh interesting, psp vita huh. too bad I'm bit short of cash... and it's all because I want to play gba in handheld. I'm torn between dstwo and psp 3000 (sounds dumb, I know)

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go for 3000 , believe me the screen colors on it is better than 2000

agreed
I mean colour space :shy:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418986
I just want to know if it look like 2000 on normal!
Thank you.
Well the page you linked to says that the 3000 with wide color disabled still looks slightly better than 2000. You don't trust him?

Just now I tried disabling this setting for the first time. The colors do remind me of the 2000. But it is better than the 2000 in other areas: no ghosting unlike the 2000 and stronger backlight.

zeello

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regarding my last post. Although the 3000 has color space option there is no absolutely reason to switch it to normal. I notice no difference in Patapon except the colors are worse. The idea of someone using this setting is horrible.

I also went back to Patchwork Heroes. I could not get the scanlines to appear even on the wide color setting. The problem in this game isnt scanlines but choppiness and screen tearing. But it only happens before gameplay starts.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regarding my last post. Although the 3000 has color space option there is no absolutely reason to switch it to normal. I notice no difference in Patapon except the colors are worse. The idea of someone using this setting is horrible.

I also went back to Patchwork Heroes. I could not get the scanlines to appear even on the wide color setting. The problem in this game isnt scanlines but choppiness and screen tearing. But it only happens before gameplay starts.
Some people are more sensitive to the scanlines while others don't even notice them. Everyone is different. You seem to be a bit hung up on this issue, but that's the great thing, there's plenty of options out there for people. People are just pointing out the different features, shortcomings, and options so the person can make an informed decision him/herself. Don't take it personally if someone prefers a different model other than your preferred one.

zeello

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people are more sensitive to the scanlines while others don't even notice them. Everyone is different. You seem to be a bit hung up on this issue, but that's the great thing, there's plenty of options out there for people. People are just pointing out the different features, shortcomings, and options so the person can make an informed decision him/herself. Don't take it personally if someone prefers a different model other than your preferred one.
you're making the issue something other than it is. I'm not saying it ain't "great" that we have "options" to suit people who prefer a shittier screen. The problem is that the person who made the thread didn't even own a PSP but was falsely led to believe that there is something pervasively wrong with the 3000. (or that there was anything wrong with it at all) At that point the damage has already been done since people are weighing the "pros" and "cons" of a screen that is clearly superior if experienced in person and without any prior "education" on which screen to like. 3000 has superior colors and brightness and pitch blacks and ghosting is eliminated and yet people are disproportionately apprehensive about getting it. This is a testament to the power of gossip and scare. The power of diversion. Even I might had gotten a 3000 instead of my 2000 but I had decided to err on the side of no scanlines. So I know what people are thinking. They're afraid of the unknown. Its not that the screens are merely different, its that one screen is stigmatized and the other is not.

And even if 3000 has scanlines that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. It just means its a damn LCD. Everyone go fetch their 3DS/XL and download the free demo of 2 Fast 4 Gnomes from the eshop. See how well your 3DS's screen can keep up with it. "OMG so terrible, should have gotten a DSi"

Lastly you mod your PSP and admitted to using a 2000, so in all fairness we should not be listening to you. The hackers are obviously predisposed to like the 2000 and Im rather disgusted at them and the damage theyve done. Stealing games while simultaneously bashing the 3000 and Sony. "its a downgrade don't get it" "oh man I'd hate to see scanlines on my screen when I play super mario kart" Cause y'see, what Sony should have done to make the 3000 screen liked more, is to make the system easy to mod like the 2000. Then you'd all be saying "scanlines? what scanlines?"

zeello

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"zeello ... are you okay?" yea I'm fine, just playing the same level in Sonic Rivals simultaneously on two different PSP systems

so here's something to help this thread out:

_20140627_170806.JPG_20140627_170650.JPG_20140627_170435.JPG_20140627_170156.JPG_20140627_170114.JPG

the background objects in the right side of the screen dart left and right constantly.

The 2000 is on brightness setting 3
The 3000 is on brightness setting 2

edit: Ironically I noticed something slightly better about the 2000 but its not screen related. The casing around the L/R buttons is curved on the 2000 whereas on the 3000 it is cornered.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great you enjoy your 3000 and the scanlines don't bug you. Yeah, the 3000 has a great screen, I love how vivid it is. Scanlines do bug me, though, it's like watching interlaced video on certain types of LCD progressive screens to me. It's not as bad since it's running at a much higher framerate, though. I'm just saying that it is a very real con for some people. Yes, I like the 2000 for homebrew, but when it comes to screens, I love the Go. Ghosting also bugs me, that's why I don't use the 2000 for heavy gaming. Some people don't notice the ghosting that much, others might not notice the interlacing. Different people will be bugged by different things. Overall, just don't type out your perspective as fact.

It's hard to tell what will bug people in the different models. We can explain the pros and cons all we want, but people won't really know what they prefer until they actually give it a try, so best we can do is just give our own perspectives realistically.

zeello

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well at least I finally noticed the scanlines which is what I always wanted. (hurray?) Also ironically I noticed I rather like the shape of the 2000. It also feels slightly different in your hand. 3000 has much better start/select buttons however.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.