Which USB charger brand is the safest?

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
epxloed.jpg

with so many instances of branded and no-name brand USB charging adapters exploding and electrocuting people to death, does anyone know which brand of USB charging adapters are actually safe to use?

obviously sony branded ones meet IEC standards, but they are a tad bit expensive ($60 dollars!) so what else is there?

what about german brands? any other ones made in japan?

thanks for letting me know!

UPDATE:

ver1s.PNG

Remember the japanese company Verbatim? (Mitsubishi Kagaku Media) they used to manufacture high quality floppy discs and burnable CD/DVDs back in the 1990s/200s alongside Taiyo Yuden. back in the early millennial years i was a huge optical media enthusiast, and Taiyo Yuden / Verbatim / Yamaha were the top premium brands recommended by my peers as being the most ideal brands for long-term data archival solution, especially for digital photography.

apparently Verbatim also make USB charger nowadays, i was at the mall yesterday and i saw this particular model of their USB charger. you think that a reputable brand like Verbatim dabbling in the field of USB chargers could atleast be able to produce some good quality products like they used to, right?

i mean just look at all the safety standards and ratings that were on the packaging; compliance to FC/CE/RoHS.....even IEC60950! not even SONY branded ones have IEC60950 on their packaging!

what could possibly go wrong with buying a usb charger with full compliance to FC/CE/RoHS/IEC60950 standards?

you'd think that this thing is as safe as it's going to get right?

ver2s.jpg

then this happened. the USB charger exploded as soon as it was plugged in.

even a USB charger with full compliance for FC/CE/RoHS/IEC60950 standards and it still exploded.

this is a USB charger from a reputable brand like Verbatim, and it still exploded.

not even Sony branded USB chargers have compliance for IEC60950, this one does, and it still exploded.

i guess this means that there's no such thing as a SAFE usb charger, this is literally like picking a lottery, 50/50 chance you either get electrocuted or you don't.

truly a scary world to live in.

Last edited by blueagent004,
Reactions: Quantumcat

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I guess these chargers that explode probably are faulty, or they were just too overloaded.

I barely use USB adapters, so I can't give you any advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.