Who the hell are you?

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody, my name is Christian and my alias is Xoo00o0o0o.
Currently I am 16 years old about to turn 17.
I am happily dating the girl I hope to marry after college.
Currently I do not have a job but I do some computer repair as an odd job.
I have no genre preference on video games, music is a different story. I love Metal, Rock, and Electronic.
I am a pirate, like others, Steam has stopped a lot of my pirating.
I have been diagnosed as clinically depressed, although ever since I started dating I haven't felt hopeless or suicidal.
I despise those who pick on the disabled, most of the people who have a mental disability are very nice people to be around. I see depression as a mental handicap and have been made fun for not being able to deal with life.
I've been so busy with my GF, video games, school, and life that I haven't been around in a while.

I was brought here looking for Supercard DS One info as my dad had bought one with my LoZ DS Lite
I stuck around because the community was helpful and very welcoming to "noobs" (we were all one at some point or another). I've been around since April of 2009.
I identify myself by my alias and my obsession with Nicolas Cage cats/Deadmau5.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I originally signed up because I had bought a flashcart for my DS and wanted to do something other than pirate games with it. I have lurked for somewhere close to 4 years, posting here and there.

Generally, I think I mainly stay in the 3DS and Vita areas. No clue why.

I stick around because some of you are amusing. Plus, information on the aforementioned systems. I'm not all that interested in piracy, but I am interested in homebrew and doing things with hardware that the original designers never thought about.

I'm mostly know elsewhere as Rev, and those who see me on my 3DS will see that. Been known as that for better than 15 years or so online, possibly longer. I am an ordained minister of no church, though at one time I was an ordained Shatnerologist. (Church of William Shatner, back in the infancy of the internet).

I had a minister's license once. I take my real life trolling seriously at times. Internet trolling has no challenge.

I am an oldschool gamer, back when systems had one game (Pong). I also took a lot of drugs in my youth, which probably explains why I am the way I am now.

I lurk, and I am usually around in some form.

Raynbow

Trophies
XP
Country
*wavewave* Hai! I'm Raynbow, moderator of the Minecraft forums and general internet dweller.
I am 14, turning 15 in February.
I live in Perth, Australia.
Yes I do indeed like Umbreons d:
Currently a student, starting year 10 in February.
I came on my own volition ( definitely not an indirect referral :P )

That's all I really need to say I guess, this place looks cool xD

Toasty

Queen
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
My name is Rose, but you can call me Toasty. I'm a 24 year old female from Ohio, currently trying to make a living on my own in retail. It can suck sometimes, money is tight and I live in a complete shithole, but I can support myself. I'm pretty much a loner in the real world, a social outcast/reject with few friends, but I believe in quality of quantity. I don't want to get to know several mediocre people, I want to know a few good and interesting people! I've always turned to the internet to meet people because of my awkwardness in real life. I also had a boyfriend whom I lived with for a while, about a year ago, but he dumped me. Still heartbroken over that.

I've been lurking GBATemp for quite some time. Obviously my interests relate to this place. I like GBA hacking, DS homebrew, stuff like that. I don't usually post in threads of that nature because I'm not totally confident with my knowledge on those subjects, but I love to lurk them. I also play PS3, if anyone wants to be friends on PSN, just send me a message and I'll give you my PSN username. :) I play Dead Island, LittleBigPlanet, Sonic Generations, Borderlands, and Final Fantasy 13.

Hope to meet some great people here.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello reader,
I'm Sam, I live in Bahrain and had been gone from GBAtemp for quite awhile, would love to get back in touch with members I used to talk to like Tanveer (who, to my knowledge, is known as ShawnTRods now). God it feels like only yesterday that I posted at the temp. Anywho, enough of wandering off-topic.

I'm currently doing my degree in Finance and into the last hurdle, with a Project and Internship left - which'll start after I'm done with this semester that ends in May. In food I love the various Chicken dishes etc.

Corrosive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I go to many different sites and I for the most part go by Corrosive, with 713 added to the end in some cases. I'm EvilZero on neoseeker, for the pure fact that I apparently made that account waaaaaay back in 2002 O_O, so it feels antiquated.
*My real name is J--h (just guess)
*I live in Houston (w00t w00t,) go Texans.
*I'm 23 years old and a pisces and my favorite color is Green
*I'm currently unemployed and a student
*I consider myself a handheld gamer at the moment. I have a 3ds and a psp, as well as a ps3, but we only have one TV and my gf is constantly using the TV, so I use handhelds XD
*I guess I'm a PC gamer as well. Skyrim, Left4Dead, etc.
*I LOVE RPGs, I'm currently trying to get into SRPGs (Disgaea, Tactics, etc.) I like RPGs so much because there's so much content and variation. And the "flashing lights, dings, and random reward" effect =P
*Fun/unusual fact about my gaming habits: Up until perhaps a month ago, in my entire history of gaming, if I could skip cutscenes I would, I wouldn't read any of the txt in RPGs (I had to use guides ALOT lol), and I wouldn't try to retain any of the story at all. I would play games purely for the mechanics and aesthetics. I barely started reading the text, watching cutscenes, and following the stories of games. I must say it's much more rewarding lmao.
* My favorite video game series is Assassin's Creed (i'm still on Revelations)
* I LOVE music. Metal ranging from Animals as Leaders, Gorod, Conducting from the Grave, All Shall Perish, Mastodon, Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Between the Buried and Me, Arsonists Get All the Girls, The Sword, The Faceless, Burst, Cynic, The Ocean, Haarp Machine, System of a Down. LOVE Dubstep like Flux Pavilion, Trolley Snatcha, Knife Party, Bassnectar, Datsik. LOVE classics like Rush, Nugent, Billy Squier, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Yes. LOVE some "hip-hop" mostly Houston stuff like Big Moe, UGK, Screw, Fat Pat, Keke, Scarface, but I like stuff from other places like Bone Thugz and Tech N9ne.
*I have an EXTREME sense of humor, in that if I'm in the right mood I can crack jokes about ANYTHING. I love making people laugh =D
*I have a big heart and sometimes I care too much. I care very deeply for my country, and I get very sad at times to see the direction that we're going, but that's an entirely different thread so I won't indulge. Let's just say, I feel much sorrow for the evils and atrocities that my country is committing toward others.
*I have a very active mind.
*I believe everyone deserves and equal chance, but unfortunately at the moment to me, it's only those who "play by the rules".
*I cannot stand liars, people who feel the need to be the center of attention or "1-uppers", thieves, and elitists.
*I hate propaganda.
*Best movie I've seen in a long time: Seven Psychopaths.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well lets be honest here.

my name is Bob, I got a beautiful and amazing child he is named after me, his name is Bobby to distinguish us. I have been here for quite a while, love the forums. I think Wii hacking brought me here initially. Once I found out you could do stuff like this with the Wii, I went nuts! I collected every ABGX release.I lost about 200 games when my HDD crashed, but they were garbage anyway.

I've been a ROM collector for about 17 years, started with N64 days. UltraHLE release is still fresh in my mind. I downloaded soo many Dreamcast games on dialup through IRC.

I play all kinds of games, just this morning played Skitchin for Genesis and Sonic CD for SegaCD.

I love repairing stuff, I've fixed a few Xbox 360 and PS3 that were dead. I got a ton of tools for little things.

I enjoy a good joke, even at my expense. Life is too serious, laugh sometimes and you will feel better. Make things uncomfortable and awkward occasionally.

I don't think piracy is a bad thing. It's similar to sharing. Why would I pay for something I can get for free? If you let me borrow what you have purchased then its ok, but if I download it, then its terrible!

My fave music is rock/metal. Nine Inch Nails is among my favorite of all time. Marilyn Manson a close second. Everything in between as well.

I work in a call center and love my job. I make an ok living, I get a discount on tv and internet and a great 401k.

I'm at work right now and can't think of much more. Maybe I'll edit later.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's get started:

My name is Iliya Manolov (damn you Bulgarian names for not being translated well in English:lol:), but I prefer being called Ilman(Iliya Manolov) on the Interwebz.
I'm 14, into gaming and programming. I'm half-pirate, half-legit(I buy all my 3DS games and all Steam games that have good online and mods, everything else I pirate. Yarr!)
I'm from Plovdiv, Bulgaria, as it is written on the right.
I'm an 8th grade student in OMG(yeah, that's the school's real name:P) and a proud member of the Younger Extended Team in Informatics(6-th in the country, bitches).
My two favourite genres are Patformers and RPGs(if done correctly).
My favourite game is by far The World Ends with You (and I really want an iOS device to play the remake:sad:). Second best is Osu(best rhythm game out there, imho) and third is Zelda OOT.
I tend to spend way too much time on the Interwebz, more than I should.
Like the OP, I tend to be part of the weird kids group. I'd classify myself either as the good guy who helps everyone when possible(you don't know how many times a friend has asked me to fix his PC, PS3, PSP, etc), is kinda lonely most of the time and will most likely be friend-zoned by the girl I like atm.
I can't stand people who make themselves a big deal when they're obviously not.
I found the temp by searching information for hacking my Wii even before I bought it(yarrr), but I sold it to buy my current awesome laptop. I've been pretty much just watching ever since then.
I'm still here, because I find it entertaining how many people say that console X "haz noe GAEMZ":P and to keep up with good releases and console hacking.

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play soccer and Amurican football, I don't play for my school though. Now, I don't want to brag or anything, but I'm pretty good at soccer. Ever watch Inazuma Eleven? You know how the people just jump 30 ft into the air and kick a ball on fire? Yea, I taught them that ;O;

I'm a hardcore gamer, I own a PS2, a Wii, a 3DS, and a DS, along with a few GBA's. Yea...so hardcore.
I could have had an Xbox 360 now if my family didn't decide to get a kindle fire HD instead (it was an AT&T offer, they were both free). I love RPG's, especially the Mario and Luigi series. I also play Pokemon and Inazuma Eleven, and if anybody is interested, PM me and we'll battle on Pokemon Showdown or Inazuma Eleven Strikers GO 2013.

What brought me here was when I first bought my R4. I was trying to get Pokemon Rangers 3 and Pokemon White to work on it. After googling the answer, I was brought here to the temp, and i found out about RGF's firmware. I downloaded the firmware, put it on my R4, and played my a** off. After that, I decided to join just in case something went wrong and I needed help.

Eventually, I met Ice, and he helped me get around the place. Now, we're rivals, and we play pokemon every now and then. I lose most of the time, but one day, I'm going to obliterate him and brag about it like GARY F*CKING OAK. (no, Gary does not brag about f*cking his grandfather)

And I'm also part of a secret organization called "The Legion of Moose". I can't tell you anything about them...only that they're secret...and moose.

I guess that's pretty much it. Did I mention I have haters here? ;o;

drottning

amateur wii hacker
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What brought you here?
looking for ways to fix my wii haha. dios mios problems. it's all good now!

Why did you stick around?
needed somethin new to do with my boring life... and the people here are very friendly and i hope to be able to help out with some wii hacking!

How do you identify yourself?
i'm cat and i'm a 14 year old girl :o ever since i got my wii to read burnt discs (thanks to you guys!!) i've done nothing all day every day but play ssbm and pokemon channel lolol i'm also an artist and sometimes an animator whenever i feel i have the patience for it.

name: cat
favourite colour: despite me being pretty much a huge tomboy, i LOVE pink and i'm not afraid to admit it lol
favourite food: anything! no, really, it's fried okra. lol
favourite game: sonic adventure 2 battle
favourite tv show: NCIS
favourite movie: role models
favourite music genre: happy hardcore!
systems i own: wii, gamecube, ds lite, 3ds, ps2, pc (obviously lol)

i hope i can make some friends !!!

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi my name is chris i'm 16 from hackney

What brought me here is my mission to claim dominance. I stick around because I haven't done it yet and I identify myself as the best there ever was

If you read the other posts, your post doesn't contain very much info. Also this is a serious thread, I think that comment somewhat belong to the EoF.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read the other posts, your post doesn't contain very much info. Also this is a serious thread, I think that comment somewhat belong to the EoF.

Hence why he hasn't claimed dominance yet... Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Edit - in regards to EoF, you should see his intro thread... It's a doozy.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hence why he hasn't claimed dominance yet... Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Edit - in regards to EoF, you should see his intro thread... It's a doozy.

I did. Well he is interesting, that's why I wanted to warn him. maybe a bit more proper.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Although very tired , and have just read this thread , i wanted really to say how surprised i am at the ages of some people here whom i kinda figured were much older. I really do feel like an old time gamer now . Im 43 very tired and will edit this post in a fortnight when i return from Minorca. : Caio.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: