Gaming Why do people like the Vita?

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never really owned a PSP or PS Vita or other similar Sony device that's portable as a kid (and still today.) I have always had hopes of my parents getting me one when I was at the age of 11 - 13 when I was starting to get into more content on the PS3 like Infamous, Uncharted, so fourth but its never really happened, instead I got Nintendo hand helds pretty much most of the time.

The DS was one of the first consoles I had owned, and from there I upgraded to the 3ds, since then I have never really thought about turning or looking back at anything Sony or Microsoft for portable gaming.

It seems like a really good console with a lot of indie games & packed with a few action games but thats pretty much it, I don't really know why people come to appreciate so much in general.

Reactions: Deleted User

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well like the vita cause i thought phantasy star online 2 was gonna be on it. Until sega denied me my wish. :nayps3:

But thinking about it now, it has console quality games in a mobile setting, while to me is mixed feelings. As i always said, console exclusive games are important for it to survive, most psvita games exist on ps3 or ps4. I guess is not a bad thing, is just like Hedio Kojima said about the switch, when he compared it to his own game metal gear solid HD collection using the transferring feature (Allows you to use single save data on both systems to continue playing without starting over) Still is a system that deserves praise for the hardware alone, as for the games there is a good and healthy selection of them not to mention psp and ps1 ports as well, remote play on ps3 and ps4, and that playstation now, some video stream apps like hulu, netflix, or playstation vue. :)

In other words, at the start it didn't have much to offer but as time passed it offered a bit more than was expected, even though no one actually bought the 3G model and used it as a phone :P

Honestly there is bad things about it Like the OVER PRICED PRIORITY MEMORY CARDS. ENCRYPTED FILE SYSTEM, VERY LIMITED FILE MANAGEMENT AND BACKUP DATA (Save data back ups are very awkward) But some people would buy this over maybe a 3DS in some cases. Yes is true 3DS is more popular than vita but why is that? More games to offer for many players from various ages, lots of titles from various well known companies, supportive brand management and pr with the content. Meanwhile sony seem to have given up on vita like a year after playstation tv was announced (like late 2015) Though games still get made for it, the only thing holding it back are the overpriced memory cards, so as long as that wasn't the main issue, sure there more reason to like it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing for sure, it has lot more fighting games than 3DS. Skull girls, Blazblue, Street fighter x tekken, Marvel vs capcom 3, some other indies.... so it has something worth trying to compete against, just is not as popular demand. :)

Reactions: cvskid

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It seems like a really good console with a lot of indie games & packed with a few action games but thats pretty much it, I don't really know why people come to appreciate so much in general.
I think you may have not logged in to the Vita Store in a long time. There are lots of RPGs and other big games that do not fall in the category of indie games and action games. Oh and it has the Gate of Steiner.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using one for exclusive games, it may be hard to find, once before i stated that most vita games already exist on ps3 and ps4, but there is rare exclusives that are good, like Ys memories of celestia, Tales of Heart R, but you will find lot more games that already exist for the consoles.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I like it especially because of the form factor. My favourite console of all times was the GBA, and while the clamshell design isn't bad and has some nice perks, I will just always prefer a form factor that's similar to it like PSP and PS Vita.
My hands are just used to it.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
Because its portable and have some great games not available on other portable device. Though that might change now since there is another more powerfull portable device now.

Last edited by happydance,

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well like the vita cause i thought phantasy star online 2 was gonna be on it. Until sega denied me my wish. :nayps3:
Huuu is it japan locked? When I played pso2 (pc), I often played with vita players, they have a tag and special channel. If I could find where I left my account I would like to play it again.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there are people like me, who don't buy the console because I like it. I buy it for the exclusive games it offers (P4G, Atelier Series Remake,..). I couldn't care less about the hardware aspect because there are simply no other way to play them.
Thank you! This is exactly what i was talking about! :creep:
As i always said, console exclusive games are important for it to survive, most psvita games exist on ps3 or ps4.
If you are using one for exclusive games, it may be hard to find, once before i stated that most vita games already exist on ps3 and ps4, but there is rare exclusives that are good, like Ys memories of celestia, Tales of Heart R, but you will find lot more games that already exist for the consoles.
This is the whole reason why we buy so many systems in the first place! EXCLUSIVE GAMES! Is not about hardware specs, is not about what it can or can't do. IS THE GAMES! :ninja:

sirrjohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like my vita. Good (some exclusive) games. Battery here lasts like 3 to 4 hours.

Have a lot of PSP and PSX games (if you like them) that are not too expensive (a few are).

Rear touchpad is most of the time annoying as you are probably gonna trigger it a lot without wanting. At least I couldn't find a good position for my fingers in a way to not trigger it. Honestly in my opinion the rear touchpad was the biggest mistake done in the vita.

Memory cards are just too expensive, 64gb could cost almost the same as the console itself.

I can't think of anything else that is bad. There is a lot of good things about it btw.

I really enjoy the vita and I would recommend anyone to buy it.

This is my honest (small) review. Hope it helps!

Last edited by sirrjohn,
Reactions: Deleted User

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The ability to play PS1, PSP, exclusive Vita games, and if homebrew is enabled, you can play different emulators. The only con is the expensive propriety memory cards. Geez, talking about greed. microSD is way cheaper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he... +1